Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Ozark dies when given throttle after carb rebuild.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ozark dies when given throttle after carb rebuild.

I have been lurking on this site awhile and its a really good resource and I appreciate all the help that's been posted over the years so I thought I would add some input that might help someone somewhere.

Recently cleaned and rebuilt the carb on my Suzuki Ozark and it would idle perfectly but die when given the least amount of throttle. After searching the web I found a lot of threads about this problem but no real exact solutions, so I wanted to share what worked for me so maybe it will help someone else.

Luckily I have two Ozarks so I was able to use the other one to figure out what I did wrong.

Basically, I put the needle jet back in upside down. Sounds silly I know, but when I was disassembling the carb the jet fell out and I didn't realize which way it went back in. The funny thing is, it goes back in the wrong way easier than it does the right way so its a very easy mistake to make. Also, it just looks correct and its really easy to think its correct because the picture in the service manual actually looks like it goes back in this way.

In the diagram in this thread http://forums.atvconnection.com/suzu...-much-gas.html

It is part #13.

So if you rebuild your mikuni carb and you have the above condition, you probably put the needle jet back in upside down.