1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Tao Tao 110-B won't start

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao Tao 110-B won't start

Atv belongs to a seven year old neighbor. It wouldn't crank so his dad put a new battery in it. Still won't crank, so they pushed it over to me to see if I could diagnose the problem. When you turn the key, nothing happens. No lights, no sound, nothing. The battery checks good, the fuse is good and there is power that far. I have look at the teathered kill switch, worked it in and out to no avail. Because it is sealed, it appears that you can't test it without cutting the wires. Same with the ignition switch. Should the headlight and tail light come on when the ignition is turned on or do they only come on when the engine is running? Also, do the lights go out when the teathered kill switch is pulled or does it just kill the engine? I'm trying to determine if it's power related or one of the safety switches. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 03-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Trust, But Verify

Read my thread

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...al-issues.html

It might not be the same issues I had but, I posted lots of links that could help. Mine was the fuse, I fixed it to were I should never have to touch it again.

I always thought these chinese quads were impossible to work on. I figured out I was wrong once I started to tear into mine. They are quite simple to work on. I tore off all the plastics to make it easier to work and find stuff.

Wish you luck!

Old 03-24-2014, 08:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

Finally got it running. Determined that there was an intermittent short in the ignition switch. Also, the foot brake switch acts up from time to time. Ordered two new switches at $10 each. Should have it back on the dirt by the end of the week. Thanks.