Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 05:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

Ok so when there was snow out I was rifing in the snow. I had forgotten to turn the gas back on ( which I turned of earlier) and then it stalled out. But after that the clutch didnt work. For example It would just jump forward starting on 1st ( as if I wasnt pulling the clutch in at all) it would only start on neutral. And it would jump forward if I changed it to 1st. But once I got it to drive and was driving around as normal just that the clutch didnt work. Does anyone know what could of broke or happened.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

You could have broken your clutch cable or your clutch cable needs adjusting. If you pull in the clutch lever and it stays against the handlebars without springing back out then your cable broke. If you have to pull the lever alot before you feel tension on the lever then the cable needs adjusting.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I pulled the cable and the thing the cable is attached to is moving but it still wasnt working so then I had a friend hold it all the way it could go while i changed it to 1st but still nothing. I dont get it at all