Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha bruin 350 electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha bruin 350 electrical problem

Hey everybody new to this forum thing.i have a bruin 350 4x4. Recently I went to start it and all I got was a clicking noise from under the seat. The solenoid was pretty dusty so I cleaned the connections and hooked it back up and now nothing happens at all. The neutral light won't come on when the key is on the electric start doesn't work. I can pull the rope and it'll start right up and run perfect. I jumped it off Cause I thought the batter may be low. Still nothing. If I hook up jumper cables and jump the solenoid with a screw driver it'll start right up. Idk what to do and I'm tired of pulling the stupid rope lol

Old 01-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am having the same problem same issues you are saying i have the hole atv tore apart starting to trace through the wire harness when i figure it out i will let you know not sure how long it will take me i can only work on it a couple hours a week if you hear any ideas how fix it post them

Old 01-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I charged the battery and it's reading 12.57 so I know it's not that. I can go jump the solenoid right now and it'll start up and run. I'm wondering if the solenoid is bad? The stupid honda place says it's my battery but even with a low battery the neutral light should come on

Old 01-12-2014, 02:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

You have almost certainly put the thick wires back the wrong way round. The binding posts on a Yam solenoid have B for battery on one and M for starter motor on the other.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

The wires are where they are supposed to be

Old 01-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

i put new battery and a new solenoid on mine still clickes no lights im tracing the wire harness for any shorts or a bad diode this week

Old 01-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does your electric start do anything at all? It's like mine doesn't have a battery hooked up on it at all nothing works until I pull the rope. I've just been jumping the solenoid to start it but it's probly not good to do that over a long period of time

Old 01-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

no nothing and u could destroy the solenoid

Old 01-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hmm It happened within the mins I was cleaning the solenoid the lights worked before that. All I touched was the 2 solenoid cables so I don't know what I coulda messed up. All fuses are good. And I can completely disconnect the solenoid and touch the positive battery cable to the black cable that also hooks to the solenoid and it'll start up that way too. Would that damage it? If the solenoid isn't hooked up at all

Old 01-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Range Rover

Can you have a dealer check the solenoid. Some how juice goes in but it doesn't come out unless its jumped. On the other hand I would think the lights would come on.

Quick Reply: Yamaha bruin 350 electrical problem