Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Warrior Not Firing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Warrior Not Firing?

So Im not so good with electrical. My 92 Warrior started acting funny and blew a fuse while I was riding. It wouldn't start up after that. It has no firing whatsoever. I had been told that it may be the cdi box or regulator. I need to know what I need to invest in so I dont waste money. So how can i check and see what has went wrong? What should I do to prevent this from happening again if i do get it fixed?

Old 04-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

explain "no firing"......
do you mean it'll crank/turn over the engine but won't fire up and start
OR
do you mean it won't crank crank/turn over the engine and the quad is totally dead?
which fuse did it blow? do you have ANY electricity anywhere that you can tell?

let's start there and then we'll tackle the issue(s).

Old 04-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will crank, and is now getting a weak fire every now and again. I recently put a new wiring harness, magneto, pickup coil, ignition coil, keyswitch, and have a regulator on the way. None of what I already have has solved the problem. I plan on buying the cdi box, but there so costly I figured id get all the little things first. They were all in rough shape anyway. The fuse that blew was the main fuse around the hot battery terminal. Any advice on how to determine if i need the cdi?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

check out your harness again. the fuse blew due to a wiring deficiency. whether a kinked wire, broken wire, or a hole in the wire jacket (insulation), something is causing it to ground out, build resistance, thus popping the fuse. that could also be the suspect in the weak spark. a new plug, i would think, ought to fix it unless the coil is suspect, but you said you bought a new one. hmmm....weaker voltage supplying coil......hmmm.....yeah, look it over in the meantime until your regulator gets there.