Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha ATV's with 4wd problems look here! Cheap fix!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just launched a new site that deals with all and any problems with the 4wd system on Yamahas. I have how to videos for testing the servo, disassembling the servo, replacing and purchasing the servo (motor only), testing relays, and testing the push button switch.
I also have a link to download the 4wd testing portion of the service manual.

501parts.com

Let me know if I can help.

Heres a few of the videos and pics

Old 03-10-2014, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyones out to make a buck. First you explain how to fix it, then you say you have to buy the part from you. Useless information. How about a source of the motors probably from China or is that a secret too. Are you a paid avertising vendor here? Sorry. This whole presentation just struck me wrong. @ $55 each for these tiny motors come with a nice warrenty right. Made in China? Is your sole motive to push your sales on ebay or to actually contribute to this forum? Sources?

Old 03-10-2014, 11:25 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I liked it. Before this video I would not even know what the servo looked like.

This is my first Yamaha with selectable 2wd/4wd.
My old 350 Big Bear Moto4 was full time 4wd with no servo selector to worry about.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer

I too appreciatethe knowledgebase, but to hawk his warez here he sells on ebay is lame. With a bit of research one can find those same motors he's overpriced hawking here.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:06 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Question.

If my servo ever does screw up can I just leave it stuck in 4wd mode and ride it like a full time 4x4 without hurting anything?

My 2001 450 Foreman and 1989 350 Big Bear were full time 4wd and it did not bother me when trail riding.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by TLC
Question.

If my servo ever does screw up can I just leave it stuck in 4wd mode and ride it like a full time 4x4 without hurting anything?

My 2001 450 Foreman and 1989 350 Big Bear were full time 4wd and it did not bother me when trail riding.
These tiny 3vdc motors are made by Jeco in Japan. I saw them for $1.85 each. The gear would need to be removed from your old motor and placed on the new shaft. Why pay $55 Google is your friend.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is some valuable information in this post, but at the price of the OP making a buck. He is not a site sponsor or vendor, but has posted information that seems to help a bunch of people out.

That said, Kid? you find out where they sell those motors and cut his price in half and make a buck. lol

I see no reason to remove this thread or the Kids posts questioning its existence and the OPs motives...........

Old 03-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by TLC
Question.

TLC, to answer your question. Yes if your servo does go out while you're in 2wd, you can remove it from the diff, engage the 4wd manually, reinstall the servo and you'd just be in 4wd all the time until you fixed the servo.

I'm here to help with anything I can help with. I've very knowledgeable about the 4wd systems in Yamahas. If that knowledge makes me a few bucks I won't turn it down, as wouldn't anybody, but if I can help someone solve a problem that would otherwise cost them alot of money, that's even better.

The Kid, I've put loads and loads of time into taking pictures, making videos, and doing research so other folks can quickly fix problems with their 4wd that may otherwise take lots of time or money. If you can find these motors for $1.85 and press a gear on them that's fine. Unfortunately I did not. They come with a standard 90 day warranty, but I will help folks out like I said. That's what its all about. I am not a site vendor but I will be as soon as the admins get back with me.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

My making money was not the point. He"s. Changing for dimestore motors an outragous price because people don't know they exist. It's your forum if you allow flea market sales then so be it. The info was imformative then it ends with but you have to buy the motor from me. I'll just keep the source under my hat. Everyone can pay the $55. If I ever need one I'll know where to buy it for under $5. Thanks

Old 03-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Trailblazer

My final post here and I'll be done. Alot of people contribute to this forum freely without strings. If now in the future other start giving expert advise but stop short of the solution untill you send him/her $25 for information. I'm used to a forum that doesn't allow what I've witnessed unless they pay the site to hawk thier warez. Same with all these banners you see at the top and bottom of forums. Advertisers pay those sites to put them there and clicks earn the site money. This site must be unique and doesn't need revenue. I've offered solutions in the past free of charge and will continue to do so. Seeing the grossly inflated price annoyed me thus my post. If I have offended anyone with my rant I appologize. I will not apologize to someone who takes advantage of others because of lack of knowledge. So see ya. It seems most of these ATV sites are run the same. I'm too old school. So Mr. administrator I had the forums best interest at heart with my post. His post is more of a late night infomercial. All giving till the price pitch at the end. good day to you.

Quick Reply: Yamaha ATV's with 4wd problems look here! Cheap fix!