Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Warrior Knocked

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Yamaha Warrior Knocked

I have a Yamaha Warrior that was making a ticking noise and I thought it was the header because it was loose so I tightened it and it didn't quit. Then it started backfiring on deceleration. Then today when I was riding I raced my brother and then it made a loud noise in the motor and started skidding so I just pulled in the clutch and stopped. Well when I went to start it, it made a loud banging noise but started. It ran until I gave it gas and it made and loud bang and stopped again what is it.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamaha Warrior

I found that the connecting rod bearing on the crank is gone. I don't get how it started earlier but now I am looking into kits to redo the motor know. Is it cheaper to do stock or should I do a bigger kit. I would like to get the biggest kit I can get but still use regular octane gas. I want to get my moneys worth so I just want to know which kit would come with everything I need to redo the motor. Will these kits come with a new crank because I think I need a new one. I would also like a rough price estimate on one of these kits and where I can get it. I'm doing the work myself. Thanks

Old 06-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fourstroketech makes a 446 bore/stroker kit for the 350 Warrior/Wolverine,not sure on the kit price, but I also took out the crank bearing on my Wolverine,so it needed a total top to bottom re-do. I had them do all the work, came out a bit more expensive than I'd hoped, by the time all parts and labor were done, I had almost 2,000 tied up, and it took them over 2 months to get it done, so if you can do the work yourself, it would save you a lot of time and money. Hotrods makes a stroker crank to replace your bad one, give that a look too. there are quite a few decent engine builders out there, so you should be able to get a kit thrown together pretty affordably.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Flywheel

I tore the motor apart but I am not sure how to take the flywheel off. There are a bunch of allen head bolts in it do they have to come out. And does a rebuild kit come with a cam too. Will it also come with the flywheel puller required to do the job.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never pulled a flywheel, but I would assume that the bolts need to come out, then you will need a puller to remove it from the tapered shaft. Cams generally do not come with the kit, if you are going to up the compression or bore it a little, you will want to go with a cam that will give you the most from your rebuild plans. Call places like Hot Cams or Web to see what they recommend for modified engines, like, do you want mostly top end power, crazy acceleration, or an all over performance cam? If you keep the compression ration at 10.25:1, you can run pump gas no problem, any higher and it will need premium or even a little race gas mixed in.