Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Barker Pipe, kbmotosports, and birds!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barker Pipe, kbmotosports, and birds!

After my header cracked on the Graydon Proline, (Basically a CT from what I can tell) of my 2004 YFZ. I had to find something new. It is hard to find much info on pipes for the old YFZ and even harder for the Barker specificlly, so I thought I'd do my duty and write up my thoughts.

First kenneth and kbmotosports are top notch. Service was great. Had a few issue with card and we talked back and forth quite a few times until, we worked through it. My order was placed late in the day and it still shipped same day. He even provided me with a tracking number while risking his life during an infestation of small birds. I was told they had large talons. : )

Now on to the pipe. Coming from an impressive exhaust I had worries. I didn't want to take a step down and I found no reviews at all for a Barker that wasn't on a 700 or yfzr. Kenneth told me he loved it on his old YFZ. I can say quality of the barker is great. Much more solid and thicker header than my previous. It has a heat shield that is AWESOME. Everyone knows the headers burn legs on the YFZ's. All my riding jeans have holes burned in them from the header.

The sound the pipe sounds good. I'm running without the quiet core/spark arrestor. It is loud and mean. The initial feel made me think I had a power loss. I soon found otherwise. One interesting thing is I found I need to get into the throttle more. Once i do she will rip. The old pipe was an all or nothing. It made its power (and lots of it) in the mid range it seemed. This barker seems to make smooth power delivery across the rpm range. It surprisingly calms the beast without losing its roar.

For what it's worth in a 300ft drag I pulled on my bro's similarly equipped 450R 3 outta 3 times. With the graydon/CT it was whoever got off the line the quickest.

Attached Thumbnails Barker Pipe, kbmotosports, and birds!-small.jpg  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Pro Rider

Got some track and trail time yesterday. Let me say this exhaust is loud! My bro hopped on and give her a go and I was shocked. Sounds very mean though.

I also found I am running way to rich. Excited to see how it does once I get her dialed in.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey I've been look for a good exhaust for my yfz 450 2009 (not the R, carborated) some thing thats not to expensive, but something that will give me good power. But if the price is reasonable I might pay the extra buck. Any ideas would be awesome.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

Barker Full Exhaust

A lot of people love the sparks. Dasa is also a nice pick. Kenneth over at kbmotosports (above) keyed me into the Barker stating the downside to the sparks is it can bang off the rotor when bottoming out on a big jump and the dasa will blow out packing left and right. At this point I have NO regrets getting the Barker. It goes on quick. It sounds AMAZING and looks great with it's oval can.

Search around, this thing runs $550 and up. Kenneth has it at $469. Buy far the cheapest price for any of the exhaust I was considering and I'm so happy I chose it.

Don't know if sound is an issue or not. I run no quite core or arrestor. It is loud.