Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need help

Old 05-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

I have a 2003 Yamaha Bear Tracker 250 have taken good care of it but it wont start now. I bought new cpi box $150.00 new coil 35.00 I,m stopping now, I tested spark from plug wire none engine will crank but thats it, it was starting one day and not the next not now it's done. I just don't know what to check next any ideas.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

now i removed the stator and oil poured out i did not drain the oil was i supposed to do that first or could there be a seal blown?

Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

on some quads there is actualy oil in around the stator it helps make better connection and insulation so the oil wouldnt matter and no ur seal might still be good. clean the stator up see if it still looks good and clean the inside of the flywheel. if that dosent work check your grounds and go all over your wires.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the info Ive been racking my brain trying to figure this out my friends at work said there should'nt be oil around the wires because then there would be no current i cleaned up the stator and used light sandpaper on metal i ordered a new gasket waiting now is there a way to test the stator? ohh and ordered a repair manual.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by voltarlmo
thanks for the info Ive been racking my brain trying to figure this out my friends at work said there should'nt be oil around the wires because then there would be no current i cleaned up the stator and used light sandpaper on metal i ordered a new gasket waiting now is there a way to test the stator? ohh and ordered a repair manual.
Ohms test the stator, the manual should cover this, if it doesnt fall within spec then its done for.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Smile thanks

i would like to thank you all for your suggestions sure is cool there are others that take the time to help each other out.