Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Yamaha
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 11-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Default Electric Starter will not work?

I have a 1985 Yamaha 225DR and it starts fine with pull start but the electric start button when I push it does even make a "click" sound? Any ideas? I check through the wiring and didnt see any disconnections or anything...
Old 11-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
2003 Yamaha Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Speedy2222 Send a message via MSN to Speedy2222 Send a message via Yahoo to Speedy2222

bad solenoid or bad starter.. it is fast clicking it's froze starter or dead battery. it may also have a dead battery but usually yamahas click very fast when it's just dead unless it's completely gone
Old 11-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

My bad I ment to write it doesnt even make a "click" sound. Lol sorry but even when I hooked the battery charger up to the battery and cleaned the poles it still didnt do anything at all when i hit the e start buttomn
Old 11-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Oh yea the neutral light wont come on either
Old 11-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

probably dead battery try jumping it and if that wont work check ur fuses
Old 11-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

I did hook a battery charger up to it so its not dead battery ill check fuses in a bit or tomorrow
Old 11-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
2003 Yamaha Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Speedy2222 Send a message via MSN to Speedy2222 Send a message via Yahoo to Speedy2222

check the neutral safety switch. not sure where it is on that bike but it's my guess. My guess is check fuses and check starter
Old 11-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

I cheked over the whole wiring earlier and the only odd thing i saw was eletric tape holding 2 different color wires together I undid it and kept touching them and still nothing. Ill check fuses, starter(i heard i could connet the battery charger to the starter diretly and try that), and ill look for the neutral switch
Old 11-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
2003 Yamaha Warrior

ya put the ( - ) on the frame and then put the( + ) on the pole on the starter and it should crank
Old 11-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
atv, bear, big, electric, fuses, neutral, pull, replace, safety, start, starter, switch, warrior, wont, work, yamaha