Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

01' Kodiak. Can't remember where carb hose goes

Old 09-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01' Kodiak. Can't remember where carb hose goes

01 Kodiak 400cc 4x4 Ultramatic

Took the carb off a few weeks ago to clean. Haven't been able to put it back together until now. When installing I can't fig out where this one hose hooks up. On the top of the carb I have 2 lines coming out. One hook thicker one hooks to the air box i believe and then a thin one that is much maybe 12" or longer comes out, but I can't figure out where it runs to.
There is also the float drain hose. I know where that goes. And the main line from the petcock I have connected. Its just the thin hose coming out the top I can't fig out if it hooks into anything of if it just a breather that lays in there... ANybody wit a kodiak that can help me out would be much appreciate so I can hit those trials

Old 09-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Range Rover

might be the vacum line to petcock some have one to turn on fuel flow

Old 09-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Exclamation gear oil

Hi guys & gals for a 450 kodiak can I use 70-90 wt gear oil in the front & rear gears
because I have some left over. Or is it to heavy.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by cantgetitupliftit
01 Kodiak 400cc 4x4 Ultramatic

Took the carb off a few weeks ago to clean. Haven't been able to put it back together until now. When installing I can't fig out where this one hose hooks up. On the top of the carb I have 2 lines coming out. One hook thicker one hooks to the air box i believe and then a thin one that is much maybe 12" or longer comes out, but I can't figure out where it runs to.
There is also the float drain hose. I know where that goes. And the main line from the petcock I have connected. Its just the thin hose coming out the top I can't fig out if it hooks into anything of if it just a breather that lays in there... ANybody wit a kodiak that can help me out would be much appreciate so I can hit those trials
Sounds like thats the vent hose that runs to the upper area of the carb, it equals out the pressure on the top of the slider in the carb. Its left open because if you plug it or if it gets kinked, it causes the slider not to close & the needle stays off the main jet & may fill you airbox ful of gas or gas will just run out the overflow hose.