Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should I Buy It Yamaha Warrior 350

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depending on the current pipe on it and gearing.. you can get the low end back. i have just a .430 web cam in mine (and porting, and some other misc.) and i have tons of low-mid power

Old 09-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Range Rover

To me it just depends on the price. If you can afford a newer style bike, I would look for one but alot of times you can't beat the price of a warrior. I have just under $1000 in mine and I have been very happy with it. I can keep up with just about anyone and I don't have to worry about trashing a $4000 toy if I wreck it. As far as "ergonomics", it may not be the best ride ever but I can ride it all day without any problems. I just got back from a three day ride this weekend.

I agree that with all the mods the one your looking at has it sounds really cool and is probably just fine but sometimes the reliability can go down with internal engine mods. That just depends on your level of confidence rebuilding it if something does go wrong. It wouldn't bother me but I have had my engine tore down before so....

Old 09-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Range Rover

I would pass that deal up if it were me, if the mods are what attracts you, then get a 400 class machine, they are far superior to the warrior 350 in every aspect. & can be found in the $2-$3K price range if you look around craigslist.

Naturally with all them mods you will lose some reliability.

All those mods & no aftermarket exhaust ??? Hhmm something dosent sound right there.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 91Warrior357
its an old school bike, figures people have to compare them to new bikes...this is a CLASSIC atv basically warriors were one of the first sporty atvs the very first atv was like a suzuki alt125 in like 1984-85 or something, warriors came out in 87....and remained unchanged till like 03-04 or something wtf do you expect yes these newer bikes are gonna be better in every way, warriors are old! but these were one of the top selling atvs of all time, and are still some pretty cool bikes that are very affordable, easy to find parts for and can be made pretty quick for how old they are...there very durable bikes but the worst thing about them is there electrical side of things, they like to poop out stators and have some electrical quirks, but all in all there tanks, ive owned a good bit of atvs and dirtbikes of all makes and im not one sided towards yamaha or anything( like recon is with hondas lolol) but its a cool bike.

Kinda have to agree here. Just to make a comparison......look at mustangs.....you had to have a built fox body stang to hit 12's in the quarter......if you can get a set of slicks and drive like that chick in "Ronan" the '11 Mustang is a 12 second car right from the factory! Ain't technology beautiful!? I'm still a Noob to atv's though.....the warrior will seem like a rocket to me LOL

Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

man i like warriors and i can do some pretty crazy stuff on it

Old 07-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Range Rover

I still support the Warrior, hell I still own mine that I bought brand new in 2002, I also went insane on money I spent on it, but thats me. I still beleive it's a good first quad because it's easy as hell to work on, reliable as shat, and will take the beating a new rider will give it.

If your an experienced rider and want somthing fast, this isn't for you, I prefer reverse, so I'd be looking at Kawi 450.