Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

02 Warrior and HID Kit???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Warrior and HID Kit???

Hello everyone,

I'm a little new to the forum, but not to quads. I just purchased my first quad a couple days ago, a 2002 Yamaha Warrior (White). I feel in love with another one while out riding two weeks ago, and since used the price isn't too bad I decided to get one. I figured since my Cabo trip was cancelled from swine flu, the quad will balance it out..lol

Anyway, I'm not looking to do anything major to it, but I've noticed most quads have terrible lights from the factory, or at least thats been my experience. I would like to install a HID kit in the factory lights. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this, and how it went? I couldn't not find the actual bulb number in the owner's manual or online, but I believe it's H6M? Correct me if I'm wrong. I found quite a few eBay auctions for HID kits that include H6M for around $40-50, which is a steal compared to 2-3 years ago. I'm wondering if these will work, and if I'll have any problems with the setup? Also, for those who care, I'm riding the bike in 400 acres of private property (woods/trails) so it's not like I'm blinding people, which I know happens when you put aftermarket HID kits in halogen headlamps.

I'm also looking to add rear racks, are the ones on eBay by Tusk any good?

Also, while I'm here does Yamaha still sell Yamalube 4 10W-30? That's what it's recommended in the book, but it seems like most bike places only carry 10W-40, which is what every other bike I've ridden took. I'm guessing I should be OK with the 10W-40, granted it's not car motor oil, but designed for a 4 stroke bikes.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 07-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

don't worry about weights.. Really any oil that's Wet Clutch Compatibly will work. If you want to talk anymore, hit me up on instant messanger. As far as other lights, i'd add secondary lights and leave the factory ones.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

the first thing i thought about HID lights is that it is blinding really. but you never failed to mention it. it's a private property you are riding so no problem with that. I am not really an expert in this field but i guess you are correct with the H6M. just not sure about this.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Speedy2222
don't worry about weights.. Really any oil that's Wet Clutch Compatibly will work. If you want to talk anymore, hit me up on instant messanger. As far as other lights, i'd add secondary lights and leave the factory ones.
I was considering adding a secondary set of lights, but the bike has less places to mount it cleanly.

Originally Posted by carlobee
the first thing i thought about HID lights is that it is blinding really. but you never failed to mention it. it's a private property you are riding so no problem with that. I am not really an expert in this field but i guess you are correct with the H6M. just not sure about this.
Ya no need to worry about blinding people, making dangerous situations. Theres plenty of idiots where I live doing it to their cars, making driving dangerous. I'll see about the HIDs, if the bike performs well, and doesn't need anything *knock on wood*, maybe I'll get a set.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Will my 99 warrior also use the h6m light bulb?