Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Yamaha
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 05-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 1999 KODIAK U joint replacement

1999 yamaha kodiak needs front u joints. can anyone tell me how to remove the front drive shaft???? Thanks
Old 08-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

There are ring clips on the top of each end remove them with a ring clip puller and beat them apart with a hammer!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default what about the u-joint on the transfer case?

I am having some what of the same problem with my 93-95 (can't remember exactly) Kodia 400. Some thing in the front end was squaking so i got all m=nem bearings seals and u-joints for the front drive train. Every thing was going well till i got to the u-joint for the drive shaft that is attaced to the transfer case. How in the wolrd do you remove and replace that one. And please do not tell me i have to pull the transfer case. everything else has been easy. Please help
Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default inner u joint replacment

If you remove the outer part of the axle from the hub, by removing the axle nut, tierod end and lower or upper ball joint, then and pull the axle away from the diff. it will pop right out to make it easy to get to, It may take a few good tugs by a healthy man but it will pop right out then you can get the u joint off easy!
Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
1999, 400, atv, ball, driveshaft, front, joint, joints, kodiak, lower, removal, remove, replacement, taking, ujoint, yamaha