Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700 exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700 exhaust help

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigned1904

sorry to be a *** but u dont know shiat about raptor 700s. dual exhaust on the raptor preforms much better than the singles. (with the excpetion of the sparks xx6). and witht the little pro commet. pros run what they get paid to run not always because its the best!.i get paid by NO ONE so i buy what will make my quad go the fastest. i gained 4 peakhp and 10+hp on the overev from going from a white brothers single to monster quad duals. yes this was on a built engine but none the less i saw these gains.</end quote></div>

lol, pros run with what they get paid to run with,hmm half true imo, and what do you think they get paid to run with? its not the best parts that they get paid to run with? dont you think that if something was better than something else that they would include that on there builds to help win races, Hindle Titanium Stealth and Dr.D used to be good pipes also, if you want to get real ancy about it yes if your gonna full out overhaul you raptor700 to be a dragger or some **** then duals are the way to go, LTEs make the most powerfull in frame exhausts, best out of frame is the Barker reverse megaphone drag pipes, the best single pipe is by far Ron Woods, i used to work at a dealer so i found alot of this **** out.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider

lte is right there but not the best imo. and where do u get your info on "the best". because i get my info from back to back dyno testing not just what i feel. and pros dont care that much about all out power, (do u honstly think alba makes good stuff?) there races are won with suspension and rider skill. and the ron woods is a good pipe, i will be getting it tested vs the monster duals next month but as of right now the sparks xx6 is the only single that i have found that could keep up with duals. but that pipe is crazy loud so not for everyone.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigned1904

lte is right there but not the best imo. and where do u get your info on "the best". because i get my info from back to back dyno testing not just what i feel. and pros dont care that much about all out power, (do u honstly think alba makes good stuff?) there races are won with suspension and rider skill. and the ron woods is a good pipe, i will be getting it tested vs the monster duals next month but as of right now the sparks xx6 is the only single that i have found that could keep up with duals. but that pipe is crazy loud so not for everyone.</end quote></div>

i dont think you can read very well honestly,you asking me where i get my info on the "best"....read a little i SAID i worked at a dealer,and highlight where i said alba makes good stuff please....cuz i never *****ing said that, i said they made EFI controllers, your gonna have biased opinions on pipes but im telling you what i just said about the pipes is as close to true as possible, Ron Woods is the BEST single right now hands down and blah blah i already said what the best in frame and out of frame pipe was and in frame, you think this isnt true i dare you to find a thread or something saying otherwise.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

oh big deal u worked for a stealership. did they just tell u wants best or do u have DYNO SHEETS to prove it? and yes u did pretty much say alba **** was good when u made the commet " pros run with what they get paid to run with,hmm half true imo, and what do you think they get paid to run with? its not the best parts that they get paid to run with? ". well i have to inform u alba sponsers meny racers out there. and how am i going to have a bias on pipes? I GET PAID BY NO ONE TO RUN THERE SHIAT!!!!!!!! that being said ive spent more $ in aftermarket parts than most ppl spend on the bike and aftermarket stuff put togther. tried tons of combos. different pipes, intakes, cams, pistons exc. oh but u know all about drag racing and making power being that u got a 357 warrior lol.

here is a link to a exhaust shootout! http://www.moddedraptor.com/co...s-vs-singles-700r.html

Old 02-21-2009, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

yea your something kid, im not even gonna comment on a few stupid things you just fvcking said, then u try to diss me,sad sad little man, if you believe that the warrior is all i have thats ok. for one you prolly dont even realize how to read a dyno sheet right, biggest hp numbers doesnt mean a faster bike its the power curve thats most important, and ur little "pros use the best out there" comment against me i never said anything about pros even using alba lol, all i gotta say is u need to get your head out of your *** mr ego,i tell you what i dont like you one damn bit u seem like a real pos to me, and yea big deal i worked at a stealship what have you done? ive built custom bikes,raced and all that **** also wooohooo. believe what you want to believe and just stfu, this is like the old foam filter vs k&n never ending arguements every1 will have there own little beliefs on whats good and what isnt, but youve taken this tooooooooo far all i gotta say is get a life, this is a forum with MOSTLY nice people so have respect or get out.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

i agree 100% with its not the peak hp it is what the curve looks like. that is the reason i pick duals over a single system. most every single falls off in the high rpm range. and i dont know how to read a dyno sheet lol. maybe not all the little **** they have your right. im not a dyno pro but i can look at the basic dyno sheet u see posted most places and tell u whats going on. but who is the *** who comes in here telling this guy what do spend his money on and u have no real personal know how on the raptor 700. and btw do you have these dyno sheets for the ron woods because i would love to see it beat the barker or monster duals because my link showed pretty much duals r the best!

Old 02-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

read what i said again, RON WOOD IS BEST SINGLE, that pipe makes just a little bit less than most duals, i would rather have a good single for how i ride, singles have more torque down low than the duals, and btw the ron woods is SUPER fukn loud it might even be louder than the sparks pipe.i dont care about your talk with what a dyno proves this and that because they all read differently anyway so its hard to use that to your defense, heres a link talking about the ron woods, i really could care less what you think or believe is best or whatever you dont have to believe what i say, its fine with me maybe then you wont try to argue so much. http://www.raptorforum.com/for...showthread.php?t=43640

Old 02-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

yeah but the dyno sheets i gave where all done on the same dyno the same day. back to back to back so it really shows what the pipes do.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

yea i wish there was one with the ron woods pipe, but i dont feel like searching around for it, i guess for MY style of riding i would still want a single i dont ride dunes neither am i obsessed with drag racing so i want my low end power to be just as on tap as my top end power which is why i still like my singles, but if i ever used duals there is no way i would use anything but Barkers and LTE, at least on a 700raptor.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

yea, I will put my .2cents in. Actually I plan to say nothing
single vs duals, duals vs duals, single vs single
singles test
Back on topic
I have personally ran singles and duals (sparks large core and monsters duals). Both are top of the line exhaust. That said I would never go back to the sparks racing exhaust. Way to loud (alot louder then duals). The singles that are as good as the duals sound like drag exhaust which may cause problems where you ride. My duals did cost more but have great power gains in I can still ride in my local parks with out getting kicked out for being to loud.
A fuel controller is a must. If you add exhaust and airfilter but no fuel controller then you are sorting the life of your engine quickly. The raptor 700s are slightly lean from factory so you would be causing more trouble. Pc3 or pc5 are the best in my opinion but if you only plan to do the big three (airfilter, exhaust, and programmer) then any fuel controller should be fine.

Quick Reply: Raptor 700 exhaust help