Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Yamaha
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 12-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default How Often Should You Rebuild The Top End On A Yamaha Banshee And how much would it cost including mechainic fees estimat

How Often Should You Rebuild The Top End On A Yamaha Banshee And how much would it cost including mechanic fees estimated?
Old 12-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
1994 Jeep Cherokee
My Garage

Cody Burbage Codizz88
Default How Often Should You Rebuild The Top End On A Yamaha Banshee And how much would it cost including mechainic fees estimat

every 2 years is average, but it depends how often u ride and stuff, whatever u do go with Wiseco pistons any banshee guru will tell you the same thing.as 4 the cost im not sure it depends on wut they charge an hour. but for a topend rebuil my guess it would be around 500 total
2003 Banshee: Bored .080 Over, Wiseco Pro-Lites, F.A.S.T. Coolhead 21CC Domes, DMC 916 Pipes, Ported, Hotrods True/Weld Crank, VF4 Reeds, +4 Timing, UM Alum Airbox, K&N Pods /w Outerwears....blah blah too much to list.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Is there A difference between Wiseco Piston Top End Kit Yamaha Banshee 350 .40, .50 .60, .70, .80, .90 .100 and which should i get living in chattanooga tennessee? Thanx i Appreciate it.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!
Garage is empty, add now

Yeah those are different sizes of bored out cylinder pistons. You need a stock size.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
1994 Jeep Cherokee
My Garage

Cody Burbage Codizz88

stock size unless u need to re bore it, best thing to do is jst get it bored to the next size to save the life of ur cylinders 4 future rebuilds, if u get a shop to do it you can just tell them to order a set of wiseco pistons the next size up from stock then theyll bore it out accordingly to your pistons. if your bore is very clean looking then you might be able to just hone it and then re-ring
2003 Banshee: Bored .080 Over, Wiseco Pro-Lites, F.A.S.T. Coolhead 21CC Domes, DMC 916 Pipes, Ported, Hotrods True/Weld Crank, VF4 Reeds, +4 Timing, UM Alum Airbox, K&N Pods /w Outerwears....blah blah too much to list.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to cadillacdude1975 Send a message via Yahoo to cadillacdude1975

i hope you dont go to RT cycles. you might get the Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word *er back in 6 months. i still refuse to do business with them after the way they treated me last year.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

its a 1993 yamaha banshee and i don't know the last timethe rebuild the motor change the oil or anything but the s.o.b. runs damn good at least to my knowledge should i just replace all the stuff anyway or is there a way to tell if i actually even need to rebuild thanxxx..
Old 12-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider
1994 Jeep Cherokee
My Garage

Cody Burbage Codizz88

well how does it cold start? if it fires right up when its cold chances are its fine. best thing to do to see if you need a rebuild would be to just put a compression tester on it. "If it aint broke dont fix it" as some people say...lol.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

i got my banshee rebuilt, it got bored the next size up genuine yamaha pistons and rings and stuff at a place called "pro cycle" in halifax nova scotia.. it cost me $1200 Canadian does anyone think thats a bit expensive everything adds up besides the $500 for the work itself...the charge somthing like $75 an hour but remember its Canadian dollors for anyone from the u.s thanks alot for your input
Old 02-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Question hello riders!!!

i got a banshee its an 05 i had it sitting in my garage for a few months i start it. up yesterday drove it for a lil bit then start backfirering choking and Now it wont start. Girl its coming out of the carbs hoses wont even push start anyone that can help me please???
Old 02-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
91, atv, bansee, banshee, banshees, cost, end, jet, kit, piston, rebuild, rebuilt, rings, size, tires, top, yamaha