Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Yamaha
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 2002 Kodiak 400 fan problems

Can a fan from a 2000-2001 fit a 2002 kodiak. If not does anybody have a site I can go to to get OEM or used parts? It is expensive. Any help would be great ..

Thanks
Anthony
Old 04-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

Try www.ronnies.com. Do you just need the fan or the fan motor assembly?
Old 04-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

I just need the motor.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

The only difference I see between the 2000 & 01, compared to the 2002, is that you can get the motor assy. by itself on the 02 model. 00 and 01, motor, shroud and fan were one unit. The radiator assy. is the same part number for all three years so the mounting should still be the same as far as the shroud. So my best guess would be that it would be fine.

Are you positive that it is the fan motor and not the tempature sensor that might have failed which in turn would activate your fan? Or that the connector had not come loose.

You can check that easily by popping the radiator cap and put a thermometer in the radiator. Start the bike and at 197 degree's plus or minus 5 degree's the fan should turn on.

Just asking because weird crap happens.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
02, 2000, 2002, 400, cooling, fan, fuel, kodiak, motor, problems, run, sensor, temp, wanting, yamaha