Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Warrior front end suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Warrior front end suspension

Hey guys. Im lookin into upgrading my front end, a little more mx friendly. I know im getting the asr A-arms. Im unsure what shocks to get with those. Id like to keep the finaly cost under $1000, if possible. Also whats the best axle And rear shock to buy? Durablue?

Thanks so much!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

If you are wanting to stay under 1000 for the ASR's and shocks I would say the Works shocks may be your best option. I am looking at putting a similar setup on my Warrior in the coming months so let me know how it works for you!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

I had the ASR a-arms on mine with the Works dual rate shocks and the Durablue axle with the stock rear shock. The setup worked fine but make sure you tell whoever you buy your shocks from to set them up for extended a-arms. I think Elka shocks would be better than Works (Works only makes dual rate,not triple rate for the Warrior) and if you can find a Lonestar rear axle that would be better than the Durablue. I wanted a Lonestar rear axle but could not find one for a Warrior until I had already bought the Durablue. Then I found some on Ebay, but it may not have been a real Lonestar.

The ASR arms worked OK, but the heavy duty tie rod ends with heim joints sucked! It was real hard to turn the wheels and the more mud and water I went through the worse it got. Just use the tie rods that come with them and use the factory tie rod ends.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

Skip the arms and shocks and get a real bike!

Old 01-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: YurFatMom

Skip the arms and shocks and get a real bike!</end quote></div>

Well, i have thought about it, But all-in-all i love my warrior. Soooo, ima mod it.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptor450

I had the ASR a-arms on mine with the Works dual rate shocks and the Durablue axle with the stock rear shock. The setup worked fine but make sure you tell whoever you buy your shocks from to set them up for extended a-arms. I think Elka shocks would be better than Works (Works only makes dual rate,not triple rate for the Warrior) and if you can find a Lonestar rear axle that would be better than the Durablue. I wanted a Lonestar rear axle but could not find one for a Warrior until I had already bought the Durablue. Then I found some on Ebay, but it may not have been a real Lonestar.

</end quote></div>

I have been lookin at Elka shocks, looks nice. I want piggyback, not remote...correct? And I cant seem to find anywhere that sells Works shocks, other than ebay. But they arnt piggybacks. Ill prolly go with the Elka's, they look really nice.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

I think Magic Racing has Works. Either there or dirtdeals.com or dirt-deals.com (World Class). I would go with the Elka with piggybacks, then you don't have to worry about mounting the remote res.