Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

<<2005 yamaha blaster special edition>>>>

Old 01-19-2008, 03:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default <<2005 yamaha blaster special edition>>>>

I just bought this 2005 Yamaha Blaster (Special Edition) for my brother, rode it for less then 3 days and found a small puddle of oil underneath.
I then had a couple of guys help me find the leak wich we did.
We followed it back to this one Black tube near the carb im sure its leaking from there but got no clue why, ussualy leaks when the quad is on and warm. i am very scared ride it even though i added oil. i am lost at this point any1 help .
Thank You

Old 01-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

My buddies Blaster did that and he had too much oil in it. He drained all the oil out and put new in with the correct amout and hasn't had any more problems.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with Raptor450, Sounds like too much oil.

Read the specs and follow them carefully. If you're using the little window to check levels, make sure the Bike is level also. I have one that leaks, but not from any tubes....I just keep a pan under it when not riding....LOL Constant checks on oil level though.

.69 qts at oil change, that's a little over half a qt. to the crank case.Drain the capacity and check it by pouring it into an empty oil bottle and see what is in it. I bet it's overfilled.

Be sure and let us know what you find. That always helps future readers.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

yea deff. too much oil.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Trailblazer

ok i draind the oil and added penzoil ATV 10w 40 oil, i added the whole QT.
but it still smoked real bad. i then draind that out and added ATF trans oil this time i only filled 70% of the QT, still smokes ALOOT. i also draind out the old 2-cycle oil and added penzoil 2-cycle oil. i also replaced the spark plug. problem still exists.
you guys think maybe the oil pump is pumping to much oil?
lol again im lost what else do you guys think i should try,add,fill. its a 2005 yamaha blaster Special Edition.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

The crankcase oil doesn't have anything to do with it smoking.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

if it's smoking your fuel/oil mix might be off. useally if you add too much oil to the mix it will smoke real bad. if that's the case you can try adding more gas to the mixture. if you can't do that you'll have to drain everything out and start over with the right mixture amount.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think you're quite explaining this well enough.

What exactly did you drain? the crank case? or the oil injector reservior?

The one under the seat is the oil that mixes with the fuel. DO NOT USE ANYTHING OTHER THAN 2CYCLE INJECTOR OIL in that reservior.

If you drained the crank case, (plug is on the bottom of the engine case) and refilled it with a full quart, that was too much. Again, Raptor450 is right, this should have nothing to do with smoking.

We satrted off with a oil leak, now we're talking about a smoking engine..... This is not a good indicator that you have an idea how to address these issues.

If you have a camera, take pictures (make them very good photos) of the leaking spot....use a phot program to point to the leak and let us see what's leaking.

If anything I or anyone else has helped or made more problems, once again, please let us know how things are going so we can learn from what you find.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

the oil i draind was the crank oil. and the 2-cycle oil i just replaced with a better brand . my problem is my engine is smoking alot and wont rev up high enough. i have had people tell me to drain my crankcase oil and add penzoil atv 10w 40 i added 1 QT but my engine was still smoking. i then draind that out and added 70% of ATF trans fluid that didnt help either , my engine still smokes and it still leaks from this black tube comeing out near the oil pump ill try and take some pics.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

i dont mix my own oil it does it its self.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: <<2005 yamaha blaster special edition>>>>