Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need some tips on how to go around corners on tracks and how to do doulbles and triples?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some tips on how to go around corners on tracks and how to do doulbles and triples?!

hey im 14 and have a yamaha blaster 200. in 2 weeks im going to a track with a couple of my guy friends. its my first time riding on a track and most of these guys are experienced. i just need some tips on how to go around corners (if its like going around with a dirtbike) & going off doubles and triples (how to take off, and how to land them)
thank you so much for any comments back! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some tips on how to go around corners on tracks and how to do doulbles and triples?!

I don't know what kind of doubles and triples you are planning on jumping, but a Blaster is not a very good quad to be jumping major jumps with. All I got to say is to be careful and don't get out there and go beyond your limits. With that said, I've never been one to do a lot of jumping. I like to be able to walk without crutches, so I usually do all of my riding with at least 2 wheels on the ground. As far as the corners go, the harder you lean off the quad, the faster you will be able to go around the turn without it getting up on 2 wheels. Proper gear selection will be important coming out of the turn. You don't want to go into a turn in 5th gear and go through the turn and then downshift. You will need to downshift coming into the turn or as you go through the turn, that way when you are ready to get back on the gas you are ready to go and won't bog your engine. One other trick is to always either be on the gas or on the brake - never be coasting. This will take some practice, but when you are coasting you are adding to your laptime.