Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly Seat Latch problems ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly Seat Latch problems ???

My grizzly seat will not latch. The plastic lift thing doesnt make contact with anything. I think its worn out or somthing cause I can not get it to latch at all. When Im getting it through rough trails the seat comes up and starts to come off and I have to stop and fix it. Has anyone had this problem with theirs? And is there an easy fix? and if not easy what can I do to fix this?

Old 01-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

well does anyone know where I can get a brand new complete seat? or how much they cost? mabey a link?

Old 01-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider

Not sure which grizzly your having the problem with? Try putting a little more information in your posts and you will probably yield better results.
Ronnies has a pretty good parts microfiche. you can check there

Old 01-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: west350bruin

Not sure which grizzly your having the problem with? Try putting a little more information in your posts and you will probably yield better results.

Ronnies has a pretty good parts microfiche. you can check there</end quote></div>

oh sorry. its a 2007 yamaha grizzly 700. The plastic clip on the bottom of the seat that latches seems to be possibly worn out or somthing and wont make contact to latch. It was like that when I got it. It doesnt even try to latch and I tried bending the plasic clip to make contact but it wont at all.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

I've had my 07 700 since Oct of 06 and I've never had any problems with the seat... Snaps on securely every time. Something sounds odd in your story... If it was like that when you got it... did you not buy it new? What does the dealer say about it?

Old 01-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Trailblazer

no I got it used a few days ago from a small dealer. The dealer is like an hour away from where I am and I havent been able to get ahold of him the past few days. It was used but that was the only problem. for some reason it just wont latch

Old 01-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Did they notify you that was a problem when you bought it? Either way, if you just got this quad, I would demand they fix it for you. Its crap that they sold it to you like that. I would start looking for a new dealer... If they won't fix it for you free of charge, be sure to tell them that you'll be calling yamaha, and will also be recommending to everyone you meet not to go to that dealership.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer

no they didnt tell me. I''ll call them and tell them that. thanks for the help

Old 01-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 08 Grizzly 700 and the seat is nice and tight. I do however need to "slap" the back of it pretty hard for it to set in and latch. If you had the seat aligned right and the latch worked, I would think sitting on it would latch it too.

The dealer should be happy to fix this for you, if they're decent.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

okay I found the problem myself. The plastic latch apears to be bent back so it doesnt go down far enough to latch. If I push down with my finger on it I can get it to but as soon as I let go it bends back and unlatches. I tried bending it back but it wont bend back and stay. Im thinking about mabey taking a heat gun and seeing if I can mabey take some heat to it and get it to stay bent back to where it should be.
Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Grizzly Seat Latch problems ???