Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster 240 kit???

Old 04-17-2007, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster 240 kit???

Im lookin to get a 240 kit on my blaster and it says about 32hp for the vito's kit and i was wondering if i get that and then i have my pipe which adds 6hp will it make it 38hp or when they say 32 hp do they mean with more mods too like a pipe and bigger carb and new reed cage and other stuff like that??

Old 04-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Trailblazer

vito`s kit doesn`t produce the power like ct racing`s sonic 240 kit.for 1600 bones trenga racing sells a ct sonic 240 kit with all the components needed to do the big cc upgrade (cylinder,head,piston&wrist pin,reedcage,36mm carb and pipe/silencer).i have this kit on a blaster and it is well worth the money.the toomey pipe will not help a 240 motor because it was designed for a 200cc motor.the setup i got off trenga is a mx race version of the 240 kit and requires 108 octane fuel and is said to produce hp in the high 30`s to low 40`s in horsepower.it actually produces more power than that quad is really intended to have.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

were do u get octane gas or 108 or 110 wats the difference

Old 04-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: antonioo
were do u get octane gas or 108 or 110 wats the difference

well here where i live the vp racing fuel depot for the midwest is about 20 minutes from my house in terre haute indiana.but you can get vp at most mx tracks.also...i can`t say if its like this where you live but but a couple of the sunoco gas stations have their brand of racing fuel for sale.it is a 110 octane gas.

you only require a high octane fuel if your compression ration is raised.most stock quads are made to run on 93 octane fuel.higher octane fuel keeps engines from predetonating.thats why gas has a octane rating.when a motor that has a high copression ratio runs low octane fuel this is what happens.the piston on the compression stroke will compress the air/fuel mixture to the point it will combust before the motor sparks (predetonation).higher octane fuels can be compressed alot higher before they will do this.

there is a myth that just putting high octane fuel in your stock quad will give you a horsepower increase is simply not true.it will not produce any more power than regular 93 octane will.however...running a higher compression engine setup does increase power.but also requires the race gas to preform the way it was intended.

with my blaster i have to have a minimum of 108 octane fuel for it to run right.

i hope that answered your question.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You're just buying yourself into a money pit by making a blaster that fast. I think those hp numbers are really exaggerated, the 240 blasters i've raced didn't impress me at all. But the simple fact is, even if that blaster is quick as ***** in a straight line, it's still only fast in a straight line, and a deathtrap in all other aspects. In my opinion, if you want to be that fast, start with a machine that was designed to handle those speeds and that kind of power. For the amount it would cost to get a blaster to the 35 hp mark, plus the costs to upgrade the suspension, brakes, and everything else to control that kind of power safely, you could have probably just traded that blaster on a 450 and ended up with a better rounded, more reliable (and respectable) machine. Blasters are good for what they are designed for, beginners and kids, but they're not a real racer. No matter what you do to the thing, everone is going to look at it and say "pbbt, it's just a blaster"

Old 04-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

does vitos big bore need octane gas

Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer

deathtrap?your freaking crazy dude.all quad are deathtraps if you beef up the motor and do nothing to the suspention and chassis.some just can take more mods before you have to do it.

and that is no exaggerated claim either about the horsepower of my quad.i`ve made many people eat their words with my "kids toy".oh and by the way...it handles and flies just fine.i have no problems whatsoever clearing the 40 foot table at the track i ride.just because your not a fan of them doesn`t mean they are a deathtrap.anyways...why you knocking the blaster when your on a warrior?they are for 4 strokes what the blaster is for 2 strokes!dude your quad commands as much respect as a 300ex.HAHAHAHA!!!those things are tanks.YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK!

TO SLASH:if a 240 blaster is what your wanting go for it.don`t listen to people telling you that blasters are not worth having or improving.yes you will dump some some cash into them to make it preform and handle like a higher dollar quad.i`ve got just shy of 10 grand (counting the purchase of it new in 02 its a 03) into mine and it still ain`t finished.i absolutley love mine.it handles great and has plenty of power on tap.is it the fastest quad out there?the answer is no.but up against most quads it will earn their respect or embarass them on the track after riding 5 minutes with me.to have a mx 450r setup as nice as my blaster would cost over that 10 grand just in parts alone!just something to think about when you hear people say blasters are a money pit.don`t listen to them..most of the people on 450`s will never even utilize the power of their quad anyways.i have passed people on 450`s at the track because they can`t handle the power of the quad to keep it in the rpm range it needs to be in.they in fact have a quad they can`t control.at the track i ride there are about 12 to 15 different 450`s and only half of them actually know how to use the power they produce.

now if your wanting a MILDLY MODDED quad thats fast and will keep up with the crowd then a blaster is NOT the quad to do it on.thats why i have the 660r for off track riding.because putting a 240 in a stock blaster is pushing it without making some chassis adjustments and some frame gusseting.i hope this clearifies things....

Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

it all depends on what compression ratio you get.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That's just the silliest thing though, why dump just shy of 10 grand into a blaster to make it compete with a 450? For 10 grand you can buy a brand new 450 and a bunch of mods for it, and there won't be any blasters that can hold a candle to it. What exactly do you have on your blaster, that in your opinion even a stock 450 mx'er doesn't top? With the blaster's ergonomics, weight balance, and suspension geometry I just don't see it being possible to make one handle as well as a stock 450, even if you have absolute top of the line suspension components on that blaster. Handling is a heck of a lot more involved than just being wide and having expensive shocks.

And comparing the warrior to a blaster... nah. I built my warrior to what it is because I wanted an awesome trail quad. And that's exactly what it is. It's really nothing at all like a blaster besides the fact that the technology is very dated compared to modern stuff. At least it's big enough and comfortable enough for an adult to ride without having back and neck problems at the end of the day.

I'm not trying to flame here, I can see you're not the typical blaster punk, but i'm trying to figure out what has you so obsessed with blasters.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:45 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: recon99

I'm not trying to flame here, I can see you're not the typical blaster punk, but i'm trying to figure out what has you so obsessed with blasters.

OH MY (fallonthegroundbackwardssmiley) when we had the blaster in our family we never once talked about being a blaster punk.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blaster 240 kit???