Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HOLY COW! Ebay airbox is dirty

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOLY COW! Ebay airbox is dirty

I got an airbox off ebay and maybe I'll post some pics......I cannot believe someone actually rode their quad without ever cleaning the air filter........some people!

Go out and clean your filters people!!!

Old 11-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

the guy sold you a dirty airbox and filter?? how much did you pay for it?

Old 11-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread is useless without PICS! Just playin with ya' I have seen some pretty bad filters in my time to, hopefully you got a deal so the extra elbow grease you now have to put into the project is justified.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

I got it for $20 complete(shipping included)....I hacked up my lid and kinda wanted to keep a good lid around for wet riding....it came with what appears to be a twinair filter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] looks in good shape....just had to clean about a pound and a half of dirt off it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Guess some people just clean their filters about as often as their underpants [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

squeege.. you might be able to do what i did;... i made a plexi cover for my cover..

if u want.. send me it and i will hook ya up

CLICKY

Old 11-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the offer, but the contour of this lid is gonna be hard to fit cause it's not flat... It looks good in your pics ..nice work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Range Rover

EHS Racing makes a kit for air box mods by using a K&N stlyle filter and an Outerwear for about $55. They say that the Outerwear makes it waterproof? Anybody else use the EHS kit? It looks like an easy mod, and should provide much more air, as long it doesn't leak water into the airbox. I will definately have to add an Dyno Jet Kit to ensure that it is not lean if I make this mod. Power is up with the Powercore and Twin Air filter, but a little more won't hurt.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Looks kinda like they stole my idea ....but it looks much more refined....I used a briggs & Stratton paper filter like what they did Kinda

Old 11-10-2006, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

-
Here's one:

I bought my 500HO used. The dealer was supposed to do complete tune up, etc. I looked at the air filter--yep, Outerwear was clean. Checked again in a week, looked at the filter, nearly BLACK--must have been on for a year. The dealer just cleaned the pre-filter!

Like they say: "Trust, but verify."

GJRonK

Old 11-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hello:

OOOH... I just had to chime in on this one![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] When I got my warrior, the guy I got it from told me it had just been serviced. The oil was clean, but I changed it anyway. (anyone who knows me arround here knows how picky I am about maintainance on my quad) I then canged the plug and got to the filter... OH MY GOD!!! it looked like the lid had NEVER been taken off the airbox before!!! The stock filter was still in, and it had MOLD growing on it! the inside of the airbox was so dirty, I pulled the thing off and it took me like 4 hours, 6 S.O.S pads, 1 bottle of super clean, and three rags to get it cleaned out![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Lucky for me, the intake track and carb were still clean![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I then got a new UNI filter and just threw the stock one away. After I had already spent the $35 on the new UNI filter, I noticed the crapy stock filter seal. So, I then shelled out another $100 bucks for the pro design pro-flow intake kit. So now I have this extra BRAND NEW UNI filter laying here that I have no use for. I WISH PEOPLE WOULD TAKE CARE OF THEIR QUADS AND NOT LET CRAP LIKE THIS HAPPEN!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

... Ok, I feel better now, I had to get that off my chest.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jack

Quick Reply: HOLY COW! Ebay airbox is dirty