Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

350 Warrior or 200 Blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 Warrior or 200 Blaster?

Which should I get? 350 Warrior or 200 Blaster? I will be riding mostly trails and racing people. I've heard that I should get the warrior because they are more reliable.. but i wna kno for sure.

Old 02-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

I, personally, would get the Warrior. It is great, is faster than a stock blaster, and is more reliable. It is also a bigger engine, to get you out of those tough places on the trails. Plus it has reverse! I would get the warrior, hands down. I love mine.

Old 02-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

There are so many things wrong with that post I don't even know where to start, but lets see.
First off a stock warrior is not faster, or quicker in any way, shape or form then a stock blaster. Because of the blaster's 2-stroke engine it also has more "get up and go" then a warrior does. Secondly the idea of a bigger engine means nothing. If it did then the Praire700 would be the fastest quad, and its not. The cc's of a engine means little when determining it's HP. If your looking to mod it, then a warrior is not a wise choise. There are hardly any mods aviable when compared to the blaster. Third of all, the warrior is not more reliable then a blaster, it all depends on the owner and how well the quad is maintained. If you think of it this way, the blaster has less moving parts, there for less can go wrong. And when somthing does go wrong, motor wise, the time and money to fix it is considerbly (SP) less then that of the warrior. The blaster also has a more active race scene, while a warrior is never a MX quad. The blaster is also a better trail quad, weighing less, and easier to manover in tight trails, where as the bulkyness of the warrior makes it not so appealing. IMO the warrior is better off in non-existance, the new 350 Raptor is a fine replacment.

Boy am I gonna hear it for this one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: Shav0
There are so many things wrong with that post I don't even know where to start, but lets see.
First off a stock warrior is not faster, or quicker in any way, shape or form then a stock blaster. Because of the blaster's 2-stroke engine it also has more "get up and go" then a warrior does. Secondly the idea of a bigger engine means nothing. If it did then the Praire700 would be the fastest quad, and its not. The cc's of a engine means little when determining it's HP. If your looking to mod it, then a warrior is not a wise choise. There are hardly any mods aviable when compared to the blaster. Third of all, the warrior is not more reliable then a blaster, it all depends on the owner and how well the quad is maintained. If you think of it this way, the blaster has less moving parts, there for less can go wrong. And when somthing does go wrong, motor wise, the time and money to fix it is considerbly (SP) less then that of the warrior. The blaster also has a more active race scene, while a warrior is never a MX quad. The blaster is also a better trail quad, weighing less, and easier to manover in tight trails, where as the bulkyness of the warrior makes it not so appealing. IMO the warrior is better off in non-existance, the new 350 Raptor is a fine replacment.

Boy am I gonna hear it for this one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
good post... im gonna have to agree to disagree with most of it.. but good post.. ANYWAYS i think it just depends on what kind of riding you do..

Old 02-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Please take a look at any of the 400cc four strokes if you are thinking about a sport quad with that engine size. Any of the 400s, the best being the Z400, is hands down a better handling, more powerful, and all around better quad than the aged warrior. That doesnt address the Blaster question. If you want a 2 stroke power band on an relatively inexpensive, ergonomics for a smaller person, quad that responds to hop ups well, then the blaster will be a fun quad for you.

Both the warrior or blaster are reliable if maintained, so are the 400cc quads.

Good luck. I would suggest trying to ride a few models from friends if at all possible, your choice will be much easier after getting a feel for the quad.

Old 02-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Shavo is a hard core blaster rider, so he will defend his for life.. don't go by his byiss opinion. Hes put tons of money and time into his blaster, so he will talk great about blasters. even tho his blaster kicks ***, don't listen to his opinions... they are not fairly judged.

Old 02-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

Boy you sure are dishing out the BS today arn't you. I would bet you have more into your warrior then I have in my blaster. I hate stock blasters, they suck I know. But when compared to a warrior they come out on top.

Old 02-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

In what world, the stock warrior is faster then the blaster, and its better suited to a person thats over the age of 12. I get cramped up on a blaster, they are just too small, i mean if your under 5'3" i say go with the blaster, but if your bigger get the warrior.

Old 02-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Warrior02man
Shavo is a hard core blaster rider, so he will defend his for life.. don't go by his byiss opinion. Hes put tons of money and time into his blaster, so he will talk great about blasters. even tho his blaster kicks ***, don't listen to his opinions... they are not fairly judged.
Shav0 doesn't maked byissed opinions, he knows alot of s*** about quads especially Blasters.

Warriors are no better than blasters, they are about equally the same, i've ridden both, Warriors have a real bulky feel to me as with every 4 stroke i rode, and they are heavy, i like something light that i can throw around easily. in the woods a blaster is one of the quickest quads i've seen, they are small and can blaze around corners, in and out of trees easily, Warriors don't have great handling or suspension, warriors have a pretty stiff suspension, while the Blaster has a comfortable feel to it. also blasters are wicked on bottom end, warriors don't have the low end power of the blasters, even with a pipe. top speed a blaster will stay right with a warrior, there is barely any difference here. Blasters also have more aftermarket potential, Trenga is pretty much devoted to Blasters as well as HWD and Vitos. 4 strokes never have the potential of a 2 stroke, thumpers take tons of money to get more HP, when a few simple bolt ons increase the HP on a 2 stroke easily. also i've hardly ever seen warriors race MX, i've seen a few at XC tracks, but that's it. also a warrior is no more reliable than a blaster, everyone says 2 strokes need rebuilt more often, true, but when you rebuild a 2 stroke it's very cheap. rebuilding a 4 stroke is very expensive and very complicated, and when you have to rebuild a 4 stroke cause of blowing it up you usually mess something up other than just the piston, rings, and bore, you also have timing chains on 4 strokes, if you break it when you're riding and don't notice it and keep riding, you will f*** your valves all up, just like in a car or truck.

choose what you want, but i would go with the Blaster, they are quicker, nimbler, and have better racing potential.

Old 02-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Pro Rider

Ton of money?

I've got a 40+Hp Blaster that only costed me 4g's..
How much was that warrior of yours again? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 350 Warrior or 200 Blaster?