Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Mixing gas on the Banshee, need help *asap*

Old 05-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing gas on the Banshee, need help *asap*

I know its dumb question, but I am going to get a shee and have never owned a 2-stroke, I could ask my brother-in-law, (used to have 3 wheelers) but didnt know if other 2 stoke motors are all different. A couple questions, How much oil do I mix with the gas and Whats the best way to mix it

Any help is greatly appreaceated,

Mark

Old 05-26-2003, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

I dont own a Shee but I believe it's 32:1 that you're looking for. Buy a ratio-rite cup from any bike shop they are about $2 or so and you will get your mix right every time. Also be sure to use an ATV/motorcycle premix oil, not outboard or other equipment premix.

Old 05-26-2003, 08:18 PM
Range Rover

I use 50:1 with Amsoil. The better the oil the higher the ratio you can go, the higher the ratio, the faster you go [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Get synthetic oil!

Old 05-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys, 32:1 or 50:1 anybody else who has a shee that can reply???

Mark

Old 05-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

32:1 with yamalube 50:1 with amsoil. Personally I like AmsOil cause it lasts longer..

-nick

Old 05-26-2003, 11:01 PM
Range Rover

To get 32:1 ratio, mix 500 ml of oil to 16 litres of gas. That is if you understand the METRIC system.

Old 05-26-2003, 11:12 PM
Range Rover

I think Amsoil is 13oz to 5gallons (50:1)

Old 05-26-2003, 11:19 PM
Trailblazer

Both my bikes fly on roughly 30:1 With Maxis Castor 927, They smoke pretty good, so I know they're getting plenty of oil.... The bike is plenty fast, i'd rather have it last longer.... on my 89 I still have the originaly sticker on the gastank to mix 20:1 I use the Castor 927 I LOVE THE way it smells, it burns clean, my plugs are always pretty clean, it smokes pretty good too.... I just get the 16oz bottle, and mix to 4 1/4 Gallons of gas, I put a gallon of gas in, than the oil, than the rest of the gas, and shake the crap out of the can for at least a minute.... The castor oil is clear and the gas stays the same color, so it's hard to tell when it's mixed. Whenever I put gas in, I shake up the container, and before I start the bike when it's been sitting I rock it side to side pretty hard to shake up the fuel tank a bit....

Old 05-26-2003, 11:37 PM
Range Rover

I ran Castor at first too. Then last year I posted here (under another name, which I cant find the PW too) and I heard bad things about it. So, I went with Amsoil, which was the first company to bring Synthetic in the 70's. Must be doing something right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] To each his own to be honest. I did the math, and it was sooooo much cheaper to run Amsoil it wasn't even close. Besides them being in business so long too, and the product is full synthetic. Read up on it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Here is a link
http://www.performanceoiltechnology.com/snowmobiles.htm
Last years prices I think were $4 +/- for 32oz and can be ran @ 50:1
AMSOIL Series 2000 2-Cycle Racing Oil is recommended in air or water-cooled two-cycle motors where NMMA TC-W3, API TC, or JASO FC oils are specified. It is excellent for both racing and recreational use in snowmobiles, outboard motors, personal watercraft, motorcycles and ATVs. AMSOIL Series 2000 2-Cycle Racing Oil is not recommended for use in aircraft or for use with nitromethane or alcohol fuels.

Recommended for use at a 50:1 mix ratio or as an injector oil for both racing and recreational use. Also recommended for use in all oil injection systems. Recommended for use with catalytic converters.

TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES
SERIES 2000 SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL (TCR)
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D445) 8.3
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445) 51.02
Viscosity Index (ASTM D2270) 139
Pour Point, °C (°F) (ASTM D97) -42(-44)
Flash Point, °C (°F) (ASTM D92) 110(230)
Color Red
SAE Miscability/Fluidity Grade 4

50:1 Gasoline-To-Oil Ratio
Gallons of Gasoline Ounces of Oil to be Added
1 2.5
2 5
3 8
4 10
5 13

Synthetic 2-Cycle Oils

Reduce friction and wear, improve throttle response and deliver maximum power. Clean-burning formulations prevent plug fouling and carbon deposits. Deliver quick, dependable starts. Reduce smoke and emissions and won't "load up" during prolonged idling. Provide outstanding cold temperature flow. Contain special anti-rust agents for off-season storage. Product Codes: AIO, ATC
Amsoil is 17% better

Old 05-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

I will never run amsoil again.

Spectro SX (not golden spectro) is on of the best oils for trail riding. It comes in a 16 oz bottle so just mix it to 4 gallons of gas. That simple. It makes a mix of 32:1.

Motul also makes great lubricants. I have thought of changing to it. Two of my racing friends swear by it.

Since I will get flamed by the amsoil comment, I also want to add that NONE of the bikes that race the area flat tracks here run Amsoil. There is even a local guy (not atv) that is amsoil sponsored but runs klotz since he couldn't keep a motor together on amsoil. When my engine went after just a few minutes on amsoil, I was told by amsoil that it blew because I was running too much oil. They said that it should have been at 100:1 even though the bottle said 50:1. Too much oil blowing an engine, just don't sound right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mixing gas on the Banshee, need help *asap*