Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Lying Yamaha Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lying Yamaha Dealership

Over the last year i have taken my raptor in for warrenty work twice and both times it was denied under the yes extended warrenty or so i was told by my local dealer. I recently blew my sidecase gasket for the clutch and took it back to the dealer hoping it would be covered under the warrenty. After a couple days i stoped in and the salesman told me it would not be covered and that i have been red flaged by yamaha for abusing my quad. I was very mad about this and called yamaha and they said their no such thing as being red flaged and to top it off their has never been a claim filed for those items. I asked if their could be some mistake and they assured me no because they document everything. So to make a long story short this salemen at the dealership has been lying to me all along. I talk to the owner and he said he was very unhappy about this and would talk to him. because of this i have lost several hundreds of dollars on fixing it myself when it proably would of been fixed under warrenty. It really sucks when you cant trust your local dealer and to boot i thought i was freinds with them. I guess i shouldn't blame the dealership for the bad pracitces of one employee but it definitly makes you think twice.

Old 01-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

I also want to say that the owner has treated me good. It has only been the problem with the saleman. I would like to know your opions if i should buy my next bike their?

Old 01-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

I would, but I'd definately not buy it through THAT salesman. And I would also go to his boss, tell him of all the things he's told/done to you. If he is a true customer service orienated buisness owner, something will be done. Good luck.

Old 01-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Man that sucks. I have had two problems with my Raptor, and they have covered both without a single problem. It's a shame that you can't trust people at all anymore.

Old 01-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ccgrady
I also want to say that the owner has treated me good. It has only been the problem with the saleman. I would like to know your opions if i should buy my next bike their?
First of all, the salesman should have never been your contact when you needed repairs. You should have been talking too the person in charge of the maintenance / service dept. If the owner is a good guy, then he will reimburse you for the repairs you paid for. If he does that, I would not mind giving him my business in the future. If Yamaha knew you have engine mods, they would not cover anything....unless your dealer takes care of you. My contact at my dealership told me his regional Yamaha contact denies almost everything. This is why we have so many guys complaining about Yamaha not standing behind their warranty. Are you sure the salesperson actually signed you up for the extended warranty or pocketed your money? My .02.

Old 01-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

No man! The salesman (Ineed soap in my mouth ) should have directed you to someone in the service department, and not take it upon him self to B.S. you, As for the owner of the dealership he wont give you a refund but he should give you at least store credit. What’s the name of the dealership and salesman?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

Man, that must suck

Old 01-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duckdiaz
(Ineed soap in my mouth )
LOL!

Old 01-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Range Rover

Just goes to show how good Yamahas are. We are all willing to buy them even though they come with no warranty. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Range Rover

I would really like to feel sorry for some of you guys with your Raptors,but 2 of my friends own Raps and one is an 01'.

Neither one of them has had ANY problems with theirs.Both machines have well over 150 hrs on them and are ridden fairly agressively.Both are piped and one is cammed.

What exactly are you guys doing to these things?All I hear is constant complaints on how this broke or how that broke.Then you get angry when non raptor riders call them craptors and the dealers refuse to warranty them.

If I was a mechanic and constantly saw the same machine coming in time after time,I would red flag you too.You guys must really be abusing your machines.I'm sure theres other Raptor riders who will tell you the same.

Some 01 trannies were bad,but theres a ton of good ones still out there.Neither one of my friends raps have had any starter or one-way issues.Thats why I believe most of the blame is operator error.I'm not trying to blame your riding habits,but I just don't believe the raptor is that unreliable.

Quick Reply: Lying Yamaha Dealership