Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in Tennessee or N. Al.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in Tennessee or N. Al.

Anyone know of good riding areas in Tn. or N. Al. that there are not "no tresspassing" signs every 2 feet
nailed on the trees. Already know about the land in Westpoint tn. and some in Grundy co. Just looking for news areas.
Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2003, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer

you need to check out

wheelininthecountry.com

Old 05-04-2003, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

Looks like a great spot in Summertown! By the pics, Jeeps may be the biggest obstacle! Do many quads ride there?

Old 05-08-2003, 12:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Some of the State Forest's allow riding (http://www.state.tn.us/agriculture/f...ests/info.html), however I have not been to any. I'm new to ATV's and am trying to find good places to ride as well. I've been told that there is good riding at Monteagle, but don't know where. How is West Point? I'm thinking about going there this weekend.

Old 05-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Check out the area near Oliver Springs. The Windrock ATV Club maintains theses trails. They are in the forum index.

Old 05-08-2003, 02:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, I've read about that place and am trying to line up a trip over these. Thanks.

Old 05-08-2003, 04:26 PM
GTV
Range Rover

What trz450 said, Windrock 'rocks'. Every kind of rideing you could want, and lots of it. I live on the out skirts of Lebanon and I can get to windrock in 1 3\4 hrs. Cost is $10 per day per person(atv) or $50. for the year. You can spend a week and not run out of new places to ride, and most all the trails are maped and #ed.

West point is a cool place to ride, awesome if you like scarry hill climbs. But like you stated, plenty of no tresspassing signs, and limited in size compared to W-rock.

LBL (land between lakes) has some nice hills to climb but limited in size and trail rideing sections.

Good hunting...

Old 05-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Some of the best riding out there is only 180 miles from you, in Oliver Springs, TN. It's called Windrock and they have their own website. We have traveled down from Michigan 13 times since the end of last March to ride there. We just got home Sunday from 18 straight days of riding. The place is awesome. 72,000 acres of all sorts of terrain. We ride with a guy from Nashville. He's there at least as much as we are. He's been to West Point quite a bit, but it's no comparison to Windrock. You will no regret going there. I recommend buying a yearly pass and wearing out those trails. One thing, it is rocky. It doesn't bother us, but some don't like it. You can stay at the Garden Plaza in Oak Ridge, about 5 miles away. Tell them you are riding Windrock and it's 55.00 per night, great hotel. You can also get permits and maps right in the lobby. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I know the area real well, I should I suppose.

Scott

Old 05-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

Hey briansmith I was thinking about maybe going to Westpoint on Sat. if you could make it, drop me an email, or reply to this and let me know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

I see you have a motorhome. Is there a place nearby to camp and be able to ride right from the campground? I have a camper with a cargo area that I haul my 4wheeler on.

Quick Reply: Riding in Tennessee or N. Al.