Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to Ride in Kansas.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meangreen, I have not been there I talked to them at Letko I think it's pretty cheep. I live just up the street to I e-mailed you once I will let you know how much it is. I really havent worried about it to much latley I get my cast off today from the last time I rode.

Old 08-17-2001, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Atvhog, I just called letko. The numbers were 913-522-4494 and 913-208-7124. To get to the track take 435 north to kansas avenue. Then go east to 86th street. Then take a left at the fourway on 86th. Go down about a mile and you will see Lowell rd and a dead end sign. Take a left and follow the road to the end and it forks off. Stay to the right and there is a house and look to the left and the track is right there just past the fence. Watch out for the big dogs, might want to take some dog biscuits or something. They are pretty big dogs.

Old 08-17-2001, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

I called the guy at the atv track. He said that a family membership was 150 bucks for a year. He said that it is 5 miles of trails. He compared it to chadwick missouri. He doesn't own the house at the end of the road, just leases the road to the track from the people, so don't go up to their house. The number i called was 208-7124.

Old 08-21-2001, 09:37 PM
Range Rover

Hey have any of you You guys been down too Chadwick, I went last year with some friends. I thought it was awesome, but it is kind of hard on tires and wheels. Lots & lots of rocks!!!

Old 08-22-2001, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

I have never been there but have friends that have. They say that it is very primitive and are no facilities. That is okay with me but the women don't seem to like it that much. They said that you can get lost in the woods very easily if you don't follow the trail and keep track of where you go. We are trying to plan a trip down there. It's about 6 hours from here so it's gonna be a week long trip. I can't wait to go.

Old 08-22-2001, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

Chadwick is kind of primative, but thats what makes it nice keeps alot of people away. Try to get a map of the trails, if they don't have them in town where you pay we got ours from the lady who picks up the trash at the campground, the map comes in handy it would be easy to get lost. If you want to take the women and they don't want to camp, Springfield is only about 1/2 an hour to an hour away.

Old 08-25-2001, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

MeanGreen:
Thank you for the leg work and making the call. I am going to drive by this weekend and then give them a call.

atvhog

Old 08-28-2001, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

I have found another place to ride. It is council grove lake. There is a riding area under the damn. Has anyone ever been there? I found the riding area on the internet just looking for new places to ride.

Old 09-02-2001, 12:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey fellas...i go to school at k-state and i'm lookin for ridin clubs/parties to ride with...email me if yer interested...the more the merrier...later

adam

99 modded 400ex

Old 09-04-2001, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Redrocket, have you been to tuttle creek? It's just right down the road from manhattan. I went out there this weekend and we had an awesome time. That was the most amount of jeeps and trucks i had ever seen out there. We also made a trip to milford. That place had lots of people there also. We went to council grove yesterday. It's about an hour from randolph, tuttle creek riding area. It is very small but good for beginners. It seems that we have a lot more places to ride than most states. I talked to a lot of people from nebraska and they said there isn't anywhere to ride there. I am always looking for more places to ride. I will post new places if i find any.

Quick Reply: Where to Ride in Kansas.