Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

info on poker run in michigan??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bill! I just got a Buddy Call, from Kevin. He said, he may be at the Poker Run after all. Now we just have to get all the guys, including you, Eric, to come up also. Well, it would be nice if that were possible for us all. Don't forget to tell Berry. July 13 & 14th. Hulbert, MI. What a good time that was.

TQO, you are v-very accomodating in this post but you and I both know, you ain't gonna be nowhere close when this comes off, are you?
Chuck

Old 04-17-2001, 09:02 PM
TQO
Trailblazer

I may have to go to my 20th on the night of the 13th only to see how many kids all the girls in my class have. I already decided against Hawaii this year since we won the tournament last year with a 505 LB Pacific Blue Marlin (which will be mounted in the hotel).

I may even be hung over on Saturday, but I will be there. And I will ride the poker run with you.(You'll have to show me the way though). If I win (which I won't because I'm not allowed to play) I would donate the money to all you hard riders that have to wash your bikes and whine about getting stuck.

My old Polaris will make the run just fine and we will probably do some midnight riding on Saturday. If you have never done that, it is a ball. We take off from the hotel and take a ride up to the falls. It is about 65 mile trip and takes about 3 hours if we play around.

Sleep in and drive home Sunday after I pick up all the parts from the parking lot.(From your bikes, not mine).

Or should I go to Hawaii?

Rich

Old 04-17-2001, 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Chuck,
if we get enough guys this yr,I suppose I'll have no choice but to go.You know its prime instructing [ASI] time for me that time of the yr?

Now if Dean and Kevin come up to ride,I'll have to call myself in sick,[lol]
Bill

Old 04-18-2001, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

If you don't tell Rich, Bill, then neither will I... We just leave and only the wives will know we're gone. We'll pay them off later with a BIG FAT GOTCHA! And gifts from the UP...
Chuck

Old 04-19-2001, 09:47 AM
Trailblazer

Bill,

I heard about your group from my brother in law, who had is 335 sp stolen in Flint in Jan, I live in Clio, I hate riding alone, just rode St Helen on good Friday. By the way I have 2000 500 sp, and a warn winch. I would be interested in outings your group my be going on where you dont mind new faces. Poker runs would be great. shoot me an email at tk5533@aol.com. Thanks Bill,

Troy

Old 04-19-2001, 12:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

4wheelitis,[TROY]
As ALLWAYS,we'd be delighted to have you join in on our rides.If your Bro in laws name is Bill,I know him.I talked to his friend Ramone he told me about the theft.

Ramone[and others] is going with me to Gladwin this Saturday,I offered Bill my Recon and a ride up to Gladwin if he wants to join us.

I e-mailed you with my phone #.Im looking forward to hearing from you,
Bill

Old 04-19-2001, 09:13 PM
TQO
Trailblazer

This board is more fun than the poker run.

I will be there Chuck. And remember. I grew up in the UP. We had to pitch horseshoes for food (and quite often beer). Our horseshoe leagues were as big as the softball leagues in cities.

My buddy Todd (he was there last year), did a lot of riding this winter on sleds and he found some great places to ride ATVs. He will be there this summer for the ride.

See you there.

Rich

Old 04-20-2001, 02:52 PM
ox
Pro Rider

Rich;

What's with the Temperance Mich listing? It sounds to me like you are aboot 380 miles from Temperance. Where are you? Not right at the falls are you?

Old 04-20-2001, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

ox, Rich, is one of the U-ppers that found out there's life in Lower Michigan too! So he lives down here but he still has ties Upper there...
Chuck

Old 04-21-2001, 09:34 AM
TQO
Trailblazer

I had to move to the lower. The police were looking for me and I had no place to go on vacation.

It is not 380 miles. It is only 371 from my house to the hotel. Temperance is almost a suburb of the falls area.

In all honesty, I live in Temperance and own the Tahquamenon Hotel and Tahquamenon Outfitters. I go up there about 8 - 10 times a year and the rest of the time, I depend on my staff up there. I have a person that runs the hotel and I have guides that take the people hunting and fishing. I do all the bookings down here and go to quite a few outdoors shows.

I would like to make this poker run an annual event and I think it will grow. It already has. See you guys there.

Rich