Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

So. Calif. Snow Ride????

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So. Calif. Snow Ride????

Miller always catches way more snow than any place around. Should get dumped on Monday and Wednesday this week....

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanber...ilverwood_bigpines.pdf

Old 12-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Red Rider

Oh yeah.....4X4 required!

Old 12-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much snow does california get in a year if any at all?Btw the link is wierd it said it has known compatability issues.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Red Rider

So I guess you slept through geography class????

The state is huge, so there is an immense amount of varied terrain. We have many mountain rangers and all of them catch a lot of snow. I have seen the Sierra get 50-100 feet.....home to many world class ski areas!

I look out my window at a 12,000' mountain. We have the best of both worlds! In 30 minutes I can be up in the mountains playing in the snow, yet live down in the valley where I don't have to deal with it on a daily basis. In an hour drive from my house, I can be at the beach, or high desert, or low desert (Glamis), or the mountains......or go out my back door and ride "hills" that would be called "mountains" in West Virginia where I grew up.

http://www.mammothmountain.com/

http://www.onthesnow.com/calif...i-area/skireport.html

I can see the back side of this place from my house: http://www.snowsummit.com/index_winter.php

Old 12-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

California is cool........especially for ATVing...... just don't try and buy a pistol there...lol.....NY is bad enough but CA is horrible.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just too used to indiana really.Weather is pretty basic winter:snow,spring:seventies and tornados(not as bad as some states though)summer:mid eighties not a lot of rain,fall:mid fifties not as varied of terrain as california but we like our hoosier state.I would think about california as retirement maybe.Also is it a dry heat there or a humid heat in california?

Old 12-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Red Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ss97

California is cool........especially for ATVing...... just don't try and buy a pistol there...lol.....NY is bad enough but CA is horrible.</end quote></div>

How come you have trouble buying a pistol????

Old 12-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Red Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

I'm just too used to indiana really.Weather is pretty basic winter:snow,spring:seventies and tornados(not as bad as some states though)summer:mid eighties not a lot of rain,fall:mid fifties not as varied of terrain as california but we like our hoosier state.I would think about california as retirement maybe.Also is it a dry heat there or a humid heat in california?</end quote></div>

Summer heat is usually very dry. Here in So. Calif., we have a "mediterranian" climate. That means that we get virtually no rain in summer, but it all comes in the winter (getting absolutely dumped on today!).

This is a place of extremes! Both elevation and climate. Our typical Sierra mountain ride starts out in the valley at 4,000', and ends up at over 11,000'....all in one days ride. It can be 100 degrees in the valley, and if a thundrstorm comes up, you can get snowed on any time of the year up at high elevation. Never a boreing moment!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

Well I live in NY, but did you see this?

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/removed.pdf

Apparently all those pistols are now banned for sale in CA......

NY is no great shakes either...... my friends in PA laugh at me when I tell them what it takes to get a pistol permit in NY...... of course it is still better than NJ who does not issue carry permits at all.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Red Rider

They have to pass a safety drop test, and probably these expired and the manufacturers just aren't interested in jumping through their hoops. Notice that many are different models from the same manufacturers.

No Glocks or Rugers on the list, so no big deal to me........

Quick Reply: So. Calif. Snow Ride????