Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Quadders in Washington State ?? Anyone going out in groups?

Old 04-14-2013, 03:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadders in Washington State ?? Anyone going out in groups?

So yea I have quads and not many of my friends have quads, well none of them really do. Looking to connect with some groups that go quadding, anything from trails in one of the state orv parks, or dunes in eastern wa (moses, beverly, saddle mtn, juniper etc..) Any groups that run mostly weekend trips? Id like to go out to Beverly or Moses the last weekend of April anyone want to meet up and go? Id like to get a group 5-10 people to go, or join any groups that go together, HIT ME UP! Got a GoPro so we could have some fun with that too.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Range Rover

Just went to Tahuya last weekend. There is a poker run the first weekend of May at Capital State Forest. Here's the link to sign up for the poker run...
http://www.waatva.org/uploads/Fun_Ru...r_2013_wPR.pdf

What are you riding? I'm a UATV, KingQuad.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

what exactly is a poker run? just drive some where on atvs to play poker? Im in a kingquad as well but there are possibilities I may switch to a sport quad. here is a video i made just for fun and to practice getting better with video editing.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Range Rover

Good edits. Lower 3rds and logo stinger were good as well. I haven't heard of the Beverely dunes. Just got my King Quad 4 weeks ago though.

This poker run is being put on by Washington ATV Association. It's mostly a fund raiser, but prizes will be given out. The concept is that there are checkpoints setup at various places around the trail system. http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/e...an_full_08.pdf

When you reach a checkpoint, you get a playing card. This is my first poker event with WA ATV, so I'll just speak in general about poker runs. The objective is to get the best hand so at the end of the day, you have the best shot to win a prize. You'd want to reach as many checkpoints as possible to increase your odds of having the best hand.

You don't play poker per say, until the end of the day to win prizes. The event will be a good way to get out on the trails in Capital forest, and meet other riders. I went two weekends ago to a work party with WA ATV who volunteered to help the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) do trail maintenance. Great way to hit the trails during the off season.

I'm in Bellevue, you? Here's a view of the Tahuya State forest trails when it's wet...

Not sure why this video is showing twice. One other note. There is a facebook group called Puget Sound Area Riders (PSAR), which is made up of quad riders mostly. a lot of sport quads, but also some utes.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Haha nice, those trails look fun not too muddy. I always thought when you see those videos on youtube where it takes them 10 minutes to move 5 feet, I always told myself I dont want to do that, that does not look like fun lol. I am in Auburn there are a ton of gravel pits out here towards the east I wonder if on the weekends someone could take quads in the pits, they look like awesome places to ride.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Reuploaded a better quality of the same video I made, I found a better rendering process that made it a higher quality.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Range Rover

I'm going down to Evans Creek on Sunday with another rider if you're interested.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Range Rover

Sorry to jack this, But this needs to get out....
What to do with thousands of miles of forest roads? | KING5.com Seattle

by GLENN FARLEY / KING5 NewsBio | Email | Follow: @GlennFarleyPosted on September 20, 2013 at 5:48 PMUpdated yesterday at 6:54 PMDARRINGTON, Wash. - The Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest contains over 2,300 miles of roads, roads owned and operated by the Forest Service. There are 600 plus miles in the Darrington Ranger District alone.The Forest Service says it doesn't have the money to maintain the entire network, nor does it think all those roads should remain open, and it wants public input on what to do.Many of the roads were cut through the forest decades ago to help loggers access trees. Hundreds of miles are in so-called "storage" grown over, no longer maintained and where vehicle access is blocked, but those roads could be put back into use. Others have simply been allowed to return to their natural states.While logging continues in many places, the Forest Service says most of that road mileage is now more likely to be involved with recreation - access for hikers, climbers, campers, fishers and people who just want to see the spectacular scenery. But Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie officials say in a world of shrinking budgets they have to make tougher choices. The other issue is the environment. To keep some of those roads open, culverts need to be widened for fish passage and mitigation taken to prevent the kinds of big rain events, like the ones hit in 2003 and 2006, from simply washing too much dirt downstream. For example, the Mountan Loop Highway was breached by flooding in 2003 and did not reopened to full use until 2008, five years later.If you would like to provide public input, the Forest Service wants to hear from you.On Tuesday September 24 at the Monroe Public Library between 1:30 and 3:30, Forest Service officials and representatives from conservation and user groups will hold a public meeting. Space is limited.When: Sept. 24, 1-3:30 p.m. Where: Monroe Public Library, 1070 Village Way, Monroe, 98272 Who: Forest Service, Washington Trails Association, Wilderness Society, other use groups. You can also provide input online at Sustainable Roads | Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest and fill out a survey, or provide input via email at sustainableroads@gmail.com

Old 12-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Vids?

Originally Posted by fabes
Reuploaded a better quality of the same video I made, I found a better rendering process that made it a higher quality.

Trail Titans - Beverly Dunes Quadding - YouTube

Got any new videos?

Old 12-12-2014, 11:06 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Is there no ATV clubs in Washington State ?

I joined a snowmobile club last year and the have some poker run charity runs with groups of up to 200 machines ,its a blast.

Riding alone sure is dull, its why I sold my street Motorcycle ,none of my friends had one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quadders in Washington State ?? Anyone going out in groups?