Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to Ride? Central MA (worcester area)

Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Western mass has tons of atv trails- pittsfield is nice, depending on the season- it's real muddy in the spring- some beautiful riding in the fall though when the leaves start to change. Must have a current reg- but I've never seen a scout and I've been riding there for years.
You can ride in wrenthem / franklin but you'll hate it. Tight rocky trails with lots of roots- it says "single track" but there's a lot of atv's riding there also (I was one of them ) It's really not worth your time-

Also- You're more then welcome to park at my house and ride the trails around me- I have probably 30 - 50 miles of wide open atv / logging trails from my back yard- a lot of trails lead to pits and large lakes. Trails go through RI & CT- Nobody around to bother you. I live in Douglas, Ma 01516 (central mass, worcester county). Mass isn't that bad with the ATV's, there are a lot of trails in Mass- you just gotta know where to look and who to talk to...

Also- you can legally ride in some of the cape dunes but, you have to be registered and you have to put your name on a list (lottery) to get a permit- it can take years to get a permit sometimes because they don't give many out, and they're only good for certain times of the season.

People are mostly anti atv because of the obnoxiously loud exhausts of the sport quads- I actually ditched my white bros exhaust on my 400ex and went to a nice quiet one just so I could ride in busy areas without being noticed, I ended up liking the quiet exhaust more! - Now I ride a 700 King Quad, which would've taken my 400ex off the line and sail past it on the top end- and you can barely hear it standing 20' away- I could drive right by your house and you wouldn't even hear me. I've slowly driven by cops while on my atv on the side of the road and they do nothing. I've actually stopped to chat with them- with nothing more then a "be safe and wear your helmet." They get pissed when some 17 year old on a blaster is doing 45mph down main street then run when a cop sees them- There was a nice trail behind a local school where I used to ride, for years no one cared- then some d**k heads on atv's decided to rut up the soccer field and wham- cement blocks and a chain link fence, no more trail. Then these same kids complain about having no where to ride!

Any way, enough ranting- Shoot me an email if you're ever in the area- always looking to ride with someone, and no one will bother you here. I've been riding these trails many times a week for the past 10 years without incident.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zz8t
the old clinton dump on the train tracks watch out for cops though
The Old Clinton dump IS ILLEGAL and good luck, you brain-trusts are posting on this website about riding there and guess what???? Cops read these boards, and they will be waiting for you... trust me.. I have seen it happen...

Clinton dump area was closed in the late 1990's due to some kid getting hurt and his parents wanting to sue the land-owner. The guy laughed at them, the parents LOST the suit and all the $$$.

Was it a great little spot to ride in the day if you owned a dirtbike - sure, now-a-days... ILLEGAL so good luck with that!

Old 09-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you are looking for legal places to ride. Check this site...

Massachusetts ATV Trails

Old 10-08-2009, 04:59 AM
Trailblazer

Crazy steve I feel your pain.... but like Beergut said you have to know who to talk to and where to look. I live in tewksbury and I have trails I can ride to Wilmington, andover, north reading, billericca and even lowel (yikes!) all from my house. Like steve implies you need to respects the others cuz they'll call the fuzz.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

join the central mass trail hogs they ride in oxford and sutton areas legaly

Old 10-14-2009, 05:12 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

I know a few guys who belong to the trail hogs in the RI area- good guys.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:22 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Old 12-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey beergut, I just saw your post, I know it is from long time ago.
But I am looking to go riding tomorrow in the snow, if you are interested, let me know....

Old 12-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Looking

I have just moved back to mass looking for places to ride I am 44 yrs old I gave respect for people and their property my # 508-838-5432 please text or call
UOTE=beergut;2838916]Western mass has tons of atv trails- pittsfield is nice, depending on the season- it's real muddy in the spring- some beautiful riding in the fall though when the leaves start to change. Must have a current reg- but I've never seen a scout and I've been riding there for years.
You can ride in wrenthem / franklin but you'll hate it. Tight rocky trails with lots of roots- it says "single track" but there's a lot of atv's riding there also (I was one of them ) It's really not worth your time-

Also- You're more then welcome to park at my house and ride the trails around me- I have probably 30 - 50 miles of wide open atv / logging trails from my back yard- a lot of trails lead to pits and large lakes. Trails go through RI & CT- Nobody around to bother you. I live in Douglas, Ma 01516 (central mass, worcester county). Mass isn't that bad with the ATV's, there are a lot of trails in Mass- you just gotta know where to look and who to talk to...

Also- you can legally ride in some of the cape dunes but, you have to be registered and you have to put your name on a list (lottery) to get a permit- it can take years to get a permit sometimes because they don't give many out, and they're only good for certain times of the season.

People are mostly anti atv because of the obnoxiously loud exhausts of the sport quads- I actually ditched my white bros exhaust on my 400ex and went to a nice quiet one just so I could ride in busy areas without being noticed, I ended up liking the quiet exhaust more! - Now I ride a 700 King Quad, which would've taken my 400ex off the line and sail past it on the top end- and you can barely hear it standing 20' away- I could drive right by your house and you wouldn't even hear me. I've slowly driven by cops while on my atv on the side of the road and they do nothing. I've actually stopped to chat with them- with nothing more then a "be safe and wear your helmet." They get pissed when some 17 year old on a blaster is doing 45mph down main street then run when a cop sees them- There was a nice trail behind a local school where I used to ride, for years no one cared- then some dSpam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word k heads on atv's decided to rut up the soccer field and wham- cement blocks and a chain link fence, no more trail. Then these same kids complain about having no where to ride!

Any way, enough ranting- Shoot me an email if you're ever in the area- always looking to ride with someone, and no one will bother you here. I've been riding these trails many times a week for the past 10 years without incident.[/QUOTE]