Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Trevorton Pa

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xcitmt
Troy,
I have never been up there myself but want to go. Sounds like you have to buy a permit ( if you can find who to buy it from ) but you can ride all day. I live about 3 hours south, but would meet you up there sometime to go riding. Give me a shout and we can schedule something.
Rob
At this point I'm probably going to pass. Too many "what if's", uncertainties and I'm surely not in the mood to have my rig towed away....

We did look into Green Ridge OHV park in Md., but my buddy rides a 3-wheeler and the are not permitted there.

Is there anywhere else to go. I don't mind paying for the day if its worth it. I live in Gettysburg so anywhere in a 100 mile radius would do.

Thanks
T

Old 11-17-2009, 06:47 AM
Pro Rider

Looked around for someting on the St. Clair area. Where is that, I might call in a day. I could use a good ride.
Go to bing Maps, put in St Clair PA. Then zoom in and look for Burma Rd. It will be to the west of St Clair, hancock st turns into burma, once you find burma you'll see all those woods and trails to the immediaite south of burma, you can also ride north of burma. And the trails keep going , and going.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

OK I found it and it looks awsome. Are you still planning on going op tomo? I am thinking of taking a day. I could meet you somewhere. Question though.. I have a 400ex, will I be able to follow you guys around, looks like you have a big 4x4 and I dont think you want to be winching me all day.. Shoot me a PM with your number and stuff.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

OK I found it and it looks awsome. Are you still planning on going op tomo? I am thinking of taking a day. I could meet you somewhere. Question though.. I have a 400ex, will I be able to follow you guys around, looks like you have a big 4x4 and I dont think you want to be winching me all day.. Shoot me a PM with your number and stuff.
I got a kodiak 450, you would have no problem keeping up. It's mostly hard pack trails with some mud spots if you desire to ride through, if you don't want to ride through any mud then you can ride around it. This place was a coal mining area, so there is also hard pack coal dust and wet coal mud depending on when the last time it rained. But all the trails are mostly hard packed with puddles some small, some big. There is hill climbs to ride too.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Kodiak450_06
I got a kodiak 450, you would have no problem keeping up. It's mostly hard pack trails with some mud spots if you desire to ride through, if you don't want to ride through any mud then you can ride around it. This place was a coal mining area, so there is also hard pack coal dust and wet coal mud depending on when the last time it rained. But all the trails are mostly hard packed with puddles some small, some big. There is hill climbs to ride too.
So whats the deal with this place. Is it another ride at your own risk of being fined and towed area?

T

Old 11-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by turbojerk
So whats the deal with this place. Is it another ride at your own risk of being fined and towed area?

T
If you don't have the permot yea. Same place owns TT. They own over 190,000 acers.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Kodiak450_06
If you don't have the permot yea. Same place owns TT. They own over 190,000 acers.
So how much is the permit and how/where can we obtain one?

Old 11-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider

The permit is only $100 for the year. Have to go to their Pottsville office to get it.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer

We ride the St.Clair trails regularly. For us buying the permit was a no brainer. Where else can you get 200000 acres of legal riding in PA ?? The treverton spot is owned by the same company. Great riding! I am actually looking to ride a different section next time. Endless trails! Enjoy

Old 11-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Trailblazer

One quick addition... They are not willing to pro rate If you buy a permit now it will still $100 and expires Jan 1. Just a heads up.

Quick Reply: Trevorton Pa