Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Wi.-MN... riding double on 1 machine..

Old 05-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wi.-MN... riding double on 1 machine..

While camping last year in both of these areas.... We saw people riding double up on regular machines....
Is this legal.??. I know its not safe most of the time.. But the areas we rode were mostly flat and easier type trails... We have dirt bikes and some friends have quads right now...So we take both and share....LOL
We can only afford 1 machine now and were looking at saving some coin for right now....
thanks..
Nick

Old 05-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

mn passed where you can ride double,dont know about wisc

Old 05-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

booboobear is correct. MN changed the laws so you can carry a passenger. But ONLY if the driver of the ATV is 18 or older. No one under the age of 18 may carry a passenger, even on a two rider machine. (page 30 of the 06-07 reg's)

I have to admit that the terminology in the MN reg's is kind of hosed up and not thought out very well.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

you hit that one on the NUTS Lep lol, just look at our politicians,answers all questions

Old 05-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

I just wish they would leave the terminology alone if the laws don't change. It adds more confusion.

On a side note, almost on a weekly basis, I see riders in the ditches even though they're closed through August 1st. Since counties have the ability to create their own set of ordinances, I am almost tempted to get the ball rolling for Le Sueur County to be the first in MN to establish county and township roads as designated ATV routes. It would offer more areas for people to get out and ride, LEGALLY. If MN riders are spending $15 million in WI every year, it sure would be nice to have someplace in MN that could draw some of that revenue back. Granted, none of the roads would necessarily lead to any riding areas, but I would much rather take the wheeler 4 miles into the store vs. the car. But, if I would have bought a Class 2 machine I would be able to do that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

In WI there is no law against riding double on a 1up. The first year riding with my wife, then GF we rode double but then she got own machine. In different parts of the state there is road riding (NOT DITCH) it is left up to the townships & towns as to what they want to do.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

Alright .... thanks everyone... that helps alot ... Happy Trials

Nick

Old 05-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

i know what your saying lep, I see them in the ditches still out here by hutchinson, Now if that was me I would get a ticket lol, they should give us more opportunities for riding down in this area too, we pay for are lisence and registrations, and where does that money go for with the counties that dont have trails, I put registrations on my sleds and atv's,and for what, the winters are so rare now where the groomers arent spending all that money, who is, thats the question.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Originally posted by: LEP7MM
I just wish they would leave the terminology alone if the laws don't change. It adds more confusion.

On a side note, almost on a weekly basis, I see riders in the in the ditches even though they're closed through August 1st. Since counties have the ability to create their own set of ordinances, I am almost tempted to get the ball rolling for Le Sueur County to be the first in MN to establish county and township roads as designated ATV routes. It would offer more areas for people to get out and ride, LEGALLY. If MN riders are spending $15 million in WI every year, it sure would be nice to have someplace in MN that could draw some of that revenue back. Granted, none of the roads would necessarily lead to any riding areas, but I would much rather take the wheeler 4 miles into the store vs. the car. But, if I would have bought a Class 2 machine I would be able to do that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yep, I see riders in the ditch quite often lately.
As for the class2 machine (side by side), this may be my next purchase.