Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Minot, North Datkota: places to ride?

Old 01-31-2004, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minot, North Datkota: places to ride?

I have to move to Minot ND the summer and I need to know if there are places to ride there. I dont want to sell my toys. Any info would be helpfull. I've had no luck finding anything about riding there on the internet. Surely there are places to ride there thats fairly close.

Old 01-31-2004, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

Hey man, I ride in Minot quite often there are a lot of spots a guy can go, plenty of trails also that run along side the highways that are cut from quads and bikes, and there is one spot right in town to ride, although the persons who own the land want you to purchase a sticker for $15, but it's really not worth it. I ride with a bunch of guys from the AFB and we also take weekend trips down to Bismarck, there's an awsome spot down there called the Beach , it's got some good sand and miles of trails running through, there's always people down there on the weekend lots of atv's bikes and dunebuggys. Feel free to hook up with us were always trying to recruit new people.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks a lot for the info. Trail riding is my favorite. I have never rode in sand, always wanted to.

Old 02-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Range Rover

kellyem,

RabidPitWeasle is correct about a great place in Bismarck to ride. The only thing he is wrong about is the name, it is called the Desert. We have a huge sand bar, that is usually hard packed from everybody riding on it and lots of trails. You can find some really soft sand sometimes that the wind blows and makes for great jumps.

It is usually good time to ride during the week if you don't like a crowded place because sometimes on weekends it gets to be too many and you just rather sit and wait for somebody to wreck.

If you want any more information or wanna hook up and ride just PM me I check this daily.

Old 02-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer

My mistake, I always called it the Beach for some reason, there is even a sign that says the -Desert-.
Hey Moose you might have seen me down there befor I got the FJ600 3-wheeler, and also a blue banshee all decked out w/ Lonestar a-arms and swingarm. I usally ride with a few people from up a the AFB, one dude just got two KFX 700's one orange and the other green. We try to get down there just about every decent weekend.
Yes, your right about the crowds it's almost suicide to get out in the trees and try to ride on a busy weekend, I don't know how many times I've just about been killed by some idiot boozed up in a truck or on a bike or somthing else flying down the trails.

Old 02-03-2004, 12:23 AM
Range Rover

I think I have meet you there before I am usually down there every weekend and during the week. I mostly had my DS down there and drive a 98 F150 Maroon color. I have meet many nice people from Minot. I don't know if it was you or onther shee from Minot but I was racing one down there with a bunch of people from Minot and we would never start on the softer sand, only on the hard pack cuz the Shee just had too much tire spin

Old 02-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer

I know what you mean, I'll always try and talk to everybody I can, people always checking out the FJ600
I was pretty busy this summer so I did'nt have a whole lot of time last summer to get down there and ride. I ran a set of sand paddels last time I was down there, man what a sand roost I had behind me, that was the first time I ran with them on, makes a big diffrence, they also sound cool on that hard pack almost sounds like a zipper.
I'm not to sure if I've ever seen you down there, I have'nt seen to many DS Baja's around. sooner or later small world.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

BabyMoose, Do you have a KFX 700 also. If you do I have spent a bit talking to you. Last I saw you I had a 400EX but have since went out and got two Vs. Do you guys have much for snow still down there, I really need to ride.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Old 03-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Range Rover

Do you guys ever go over to the badlands,west of Dickenson anyplace,or have you ever gone down to Deadwood in S.D. From Rochester M.N. and thinging of making a trip to Deadwood this summer,any good spots?
Thanks

Old 03-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ya, there are some awesome places to ride in the Black Hills. Pretty much if its a dirt road, you can ride on it. In the hills you will need a spark arrester. Farming Dale is pretty cool to ride at also. Its right by the Badlands. Its a big open area to ride at. To get to Farming Dale you go down hwy 44 east (out of Rapid City) and drive for about 20 minutes and there will be a small gas station on the left, you want to turn right. Its a gravel road, follow it for about 5 miles or so and the parking area is on the right. If you drive past the big power lines on hwy 44, you went too far. There are no signs that says there is a place to ride at, but if you ask someone from around here they will know where its at.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Minot, North Datkota: places to ride?