Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

houston tracks I frequent

Old 02-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default houston tracks I frequent

What tracks do you ride at. I frequent three tracks. There is this track in humble near the gatti town that I go to sometimes. They have 3 tracks at this place and miles of trails behind the tracks for your non racing family members. They maintain the kiddie track and one of the of the adult tracks. The track they maintain is a good track to learn the basics of jumping on and is pretty fun. The other track has some nice table tops but it is really rutted out. I wish they would smooth it out some. Admission is $15 a day per rider and helmets are required. Another track I go to is this track in Splendora. This track has by far the most quads there. Every time I have gone there I have seen a few raptors, a predator, and a few yfz's. The riders here are pretty good. Alot better than I am. There are some huge jumps here and a a nasty whops section. there is also a rythm section. this track gets kinda rough as the day goes on but it is a good place to ride at. aAdmission is $10 a day per rider and helmets and boots are required. The last track that I go to is in Conroe. They have three tracks here as well. They have the kiddie track, a supercross type track, and more of an open mx track. The supercross track is for serious racers only. I stick to the open mx track. There are some absoutely beautiful tabletops on this track as well as really high berms and a couple rythm/whoops sections. It is my personal favorite track out of all the places I go to. The bad news is that I don't see many quads here. The admission here is $15 a day per rider and helmets are required. I want to see so more quad riders so send me a pm when you want to go riding at one of these tracks.

Old 03-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default houston tracks I frequent

Roosthrower,
I have been to all 3 trax that you mentioned. I think the long track at Clutch City MX (in Humble) is my favorite. I went there about 1 month ago and this particular long track was very rough, but lots of fun all the same. Next, I like San Jacinto MX Park (the Splendora track)...but my big heavy 4x4 quad is not really meant for getting great big air like the rest of the sport quads are, so this track is not my very favorite. Lastly, I ride at 3 Palms (in Conroe) b/c its convenient/located near my home. 3 Palms would be a lot more fun if they let quads ride on the main track...unfortunately, they only allow quads on the River Track on most days and they only open the Main track up to quads on a few Monday nights each month.

If you like riding in the Texas area, you should check out www.texasatvs.com That site has good bunch of ATVers on there who discuss local tracks like the above all the time. Check it out sometime. I still like this forum the best for finding technical information about my quad.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]