Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

New innovative loading ramp plus much more!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 12:51 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New innovative loading ramp plus much more!!!

Hello everyone,

Is anyone having loading ramp issues? What kind of issues are you having? If you are thinking of getting a new set up you really should take a look at the new product called the Shark Kage!!! It will solve not only your loading ramp problems but it does a lot more! It is a 6 in 1 product. Its a ramp, truck bed extender, cargo cover, cargo box, work table, and a sun shade!!! Please message me or reply to the post to let me know what you guys think of the Shark Kage or if you have any questions about it. The Shark Kage is a product made by riders for riders! Please check out the Kickstarter video and take a look at our website at www.sharkkage.com!

Old 04-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Keep getting web page unavailable message.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for being a sponsor.

Youtube video works, but the link to the page does not.

Watch the video. Very innovative design.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for checking us out! Its our pleasure to be a sponsor of the community! I fixed the website link in the signature and I will have a copy of the link at the bottom of the message. What do you guys like or dislike about the Shark Kage!? Your input is greatly appreciated

https://sharkkage.com/

Old 04-08-2014, 06:22 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

1st- Did I miss the price somewhere?

It's a fantastic concept- I really like how the ramps transform into a canopy, a lockable tool cage and a table...
but-
I've been riding dirtbikes, sport quads and 4x4 atv's for 30 years (got my first cr60 at 10 )
and I've lost count on how many aluminum ramps I've tossed in the rubbish due to shoddy construction and inferior weak spot welds! It put a bad taste in my mouth for anything aluminum- I've welded friends aluminum trailers and have re-welded aluminums ramps countless times because it seems (in my experience) they just can't withstand the constant stress of being tweaked & bent every time a 1000 lb 4x4 atv rolls over it.

The pics below are of 14 ga. aluminum ramps I’m welding up for my fil- the ramps are rated for 1500 lbs and he had them for maybe 10 months- all three ramps have cracked welds and this ramp in particular actually busted all apart. He simply uses it to load & unload a Polaris 500 sportsman & a Polaris hawkeye 300 into his truck- the 500 with gear and rider maybe 1000lbs. He loads & unloads on flat hard dirt- These ramps just fell apart- and the aluminum rivets that hold the aluminum hinges on are ready to break lose. Now I’m slipping steel tubing down the aluminum box and re-welding the treads- I had the spare metal, otherwise he would’ve junked them.

I made myself a nice set of steel ramps for $150 worth of 1"x 1" x 1/8th steel stock that will easily hold a car- and will last forever. Weight is never really an issue; there’re ramps- I’m not looking to carry them a mile down the road or spin them over my head.

So my concerns with your innovative aluminum ramps are:

What gauge aluminum & exactly how durable are they? Sure- they will hold a 400-500 lb sport quad, but how about the full size 4x4 ATV market where a full size 4x4 atv has a dry weight of 800 – 1000 lbs? Will it stand up against the constant bending and stretching? Will you offer a warranty that’ll cover the ramps under normal use for a few years? I've always said it, and I know the group of guys I ride with feel the same... I'd rather spend a little more for a quality product than a little less for something that's marginal.

I’d happily buy your ramps at asking price, and over the course of a year I’ll use them the way I’d normally use my steel ramps to load & unload my 2013 can-am outlander 1000 max onto my trailer (1000+ lbs) – but first hint of a cracked weld or bent frame and I’m looking for a full refund + shipping.

I’m not trying to be a jerk- I really love your ramp concept and if they were built out of steel, I’d be the first in line! I’m just very skeptical of aluminum ramp load ratings based on my past experience with aluminum ramps- they just don’t seem to stand up over time with the 4x4 atv toys.

I'll be looking for you on the "Shark Tank"

Attached Thumbnails New innovative loading ramp plus much more!!!-ramps-1-.jpg   New innovative loading ramp plus much more!!!-ramps-2-.jpg   New innovative loading ramp plus much more!!!-ramps-3-.jpg  
Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Looks like a great product.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Still can't open your website. Tried Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Site working good on Mozilla.Sounds like a good product,but what kind of price range,or did I happen to miss this?

Old 04-09-2014, 12:34 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Windows 7 explorer worked fine for me.
I couldnt find a price either.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Still can't get it to work on my computer.

Did do some searching and found a price on another site. Story was from November of 2013, I think.

This is for the sport model, and I can't verify that it's correct. $599.99

Quick Reply: New innovative loading ramp plus much more!!!