Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Buying a Utility ATV First Timer with ? in Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Utility ATV First Timer with ? in Arizona

Hello All,

I happened across this forum while doing some research on ATV's (I am as green as they come) and was hoping I could get an answer to what might seem like a silly question. I have never owned an ATV nor have I ever driven one, my husband and I just bought some property in SnowFlake, Arizona and we want an ATV to get around the property - it is pretty much flat ranch land. I went to a dealer in Phoenix today (first time ever in an ATV dealership) this one was referred to me and wanted to know the following:

Is buying an ATV like buying a car? There is a MSRP price and since I have never shoped ATV's I don't know what is appropriate, typically how much can you negotiate this price?

I am looking at 4X2 Polaris Magnum 330 they have a sticker price of $4499.00 and will give the $250.00 manufacturer's reabte and discount sales tax - that's it - is this typical? I noticed during my research that the dealer's sticker price is $50.00 higher than the MSRP on the manufacturer's web site.

I would appreciate any information and tips you can share. Thank you for your help.

Tiffany

Old 08-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

I really helps on the price if you pay cash and tell them that up front, the cash price is usually around a $1000 or more less than retail. I just purchased a new MV7 Polaris and saved $1700 from the MSRP. Buying a left over 2005 model will help too since 06 models are arriving now. In my state (AR), sales tax is exept if you use it on the farm. Keep in mind too that the cheaper the model the less you will probably be able to save compared to a more expensive top of the line model.

Old 08-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for the advice, I am paying cash and I will try using that as a bargaining tool. Thanks again, I appreciate your time and the information.

Tiffany

Old 08-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

You should not pay MSRP! Most places around here run advertised deals that are 500 to 1000 off sticker, at least. The cash deal should get you an even better price. It's alot like buying a car, don't let them B.S. you buy saying "Oh I can't do that" if they do just say ok I'll go somewhere else. But remember that they are not nearly as expensive as a car so they don't have as much to play with as far as money.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Mrs Smith,

I grew up in Taylor AZ which is right next door to Snowflake. The two towns touch in Bellybutton and share the high school go LOBOS! People please don't ask for an explanation about Bellybutton. Suffice it to say that if you are driving through you would not know they are different towns. I have purchased many quads and a good rule of thumb while buying from Phoenix Metro dealers is to get the quad out the door (OTD) for something less then the MSRP. It won't be a lot less unless there are specials or factory rebates involved. You can pay 12.00 dollars and see the dealer invoice cost at www.cyclecost.com.

If you're interested in some riding spots drop me an email.

Old 08-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey tiffany im from tx[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i read your question. i wouldnt pay that price for polaris. from what ive ever herd . they dont back up there warantys and there cheap quads for say because people bye them cheap and modify them say to go mudding.. but if i want some thing good . i would recomend a honda or yamaha, or a suzuki. ive never herd any bad things about them, and ive been riden for a while