Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

fastest stock utility quad

Old 04-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fastest stock utility quad

the p700

Old 04-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

Kinda like racing dump trucks. Who really cares? Unless you ride in fields all the time, how often do you really hit top speed anyway? Handling is what matters on logging roads and goat trails.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Well I don't normally get into mud slinging.. but heck, I haven't had a chance to argue with anyoen other than my wife for so dang long I forgot what it's like.....so here goes... pardon teh typos, I can't seem to get teh spell checker to work, and these old fingers are not what they used to be...

First off, I said up front I haven't a lot of experience on other brands, so you can take my humble opinion for what it's worth... Second, I think it is insane to put a ton of money into something when it probably is only going to be marginally faster.. and really now.. who cares other than your drinking buddies, and they probably already know you are full of something.....well... something unpleasent...
My recommendation was to get two machines, one for each type of riding if you really want to do it right.

Now some guy picks on my old Rubicon... well, I don't care so much, and old Rubi and me, well we fit each other, and we don't let each other down... and if that bothers some.. well that is OK. We never claimed that we were the fastest like some have... I'd like to see that top speed in dirt, because they certainly had to be on pavement doing that number.. and knowing the characteristics of the balloon tires that every Ute comes with.. I'd say you are more of a man than I... I save that sort of stuff for my kid's R-1. But that is another story... Lets say I know where the rev limiter is in top gear...

Now I am not going to call anybody any names or question their comments, and if they want to go fast.. hey, go ahead... I just don't think it makes a lot of sense that's all... of course I have gotten that speed stuff out of my system... well unless I am driving my Hemi.. then I tell my wife I just like to hear the pipes rumble... but for an ATV... I guess to each their own... Go ahead, spend a bazillion bucks on it.. I don't care... me, I like to save my money so I can get the next one and put it in my "Stable" of rides...I don't care what you do.. or who is faster than me.. I ain't in this to be a racer. When you get a few years behind you, you will know what I mean...and enjoy things for what they are....not what you want them to be...

Old 04-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Draggenbut I stay with the Rapters all the time play ridding and work my quad to deth the rest of the time. But as a HONDA owner talking about spending to much money for nothing is a joke. And to comment on things that you havent even tryed is Moronic at best. You should never comment on things you know obviously nothing about it is better to be though a fool than to prove it. I have won many trophies with my Prairie . I plan on winning a few more this Memorial day in the 3 day Rodeo the events are Mudbogging,sled pulling, barrel racing,drag racing and the all important allaround. So in short top speed and accleration mean alot to non Honda owners.

Old 05-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Well Draggenbutt????????????????????