Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Pricing trailers for sale...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Pricing trailers for sale...

Anyone have any thoughts on how to price a trailer or toy hauler you need to part with? I bought a nice 22 ft Raptor toyhauler tag trailer a couple years ago, and found that me and Mrs DB have not used it once. I have pulled it back and forth to the dealer getting it srviced, winterized etc and that is about it. Our great plans to circumnavigate the country and testing the trails has kind of changed to visiting grandkids 2 or 3 times a year and we are thinking motorhome now instead. Trouble is, I don't know how much to ask, what the market is etc. Prices online are all over the place. Mine is in pretty decent shape for being nearly new (Demo unit) and sitting in the driveway now for a couple years. Just not certain what to do. I could trade up with it, but most dealers are there to make money and want to steal it.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Range Rover

I have no experience in this topic area, but it would take a 20 to 25% discount to get me to consider no warranty and no dealer support. I have no basis for these numbers but it would take that for me to get outside my comfort range. FWIW

Selling stuff like this is a crap shoot. All it takes is one interested party that is looking for the item you are selling. Then you could sell it for significantly more. Then again, if there are no buyers, you could take a 75% discount and still not sell it. It is just a gamble and how patient are you?

Old 06-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think "jc" is right. If you don't HAVE to sell it, put a price that you feel comfortable with and get the word out. All it takes is one person. Nobody wants to take a loss, but that's what happens at a dealer.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:42 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Thnaks for the advice guys. I do have a tranferable extended warranty that I bought when I bought the trailer so that isn't an issue. We decided to trade up to a larger trailer that we can spend a lot more time in. Thanks again.