Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Enclosed Trailer Floor Care Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Pretty excited...took delivery of my trailer this past Monday! Unfortunately no pics yet...because we are in a deep freeze...

It towed perfectly just how a tandom trailer should. Pics are coming...

OBTW: This Friday the 4th...I take delivery of my 2 new 2011 SP Tourings. So...the trailer will get a 4hr (each way) maiden voyage.

biz

Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent. Let us know how you like the touring.

Keep the wheel bearings clean and packed, and the brakes properly adjusted, and enjoy the trailer.

A good quality brake controller is also a must.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Arrow

Originally Posted by JeffinTD
Excellent. Let us know how you like the touring.

Keep the wheel bearings clean and packed, and the brakes properly adjusted, and enjoy the trailer.

A good quality brake controller is also a must.
Will do...keep an eye on the Polaris forum here...I'll be posting on both 850 and 550 machines...

Absolutely do have a great brake controller. Tekonsha P3...

Thanks again everyone...really do appreciate all the friendly advise...

biz

Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Unhappy

Originally Posted by biz4two
Hey folks! I just ordered a 6x16 enclosed trailer that should be available around the 3rd week of January 2011. It will have the 3/4 inch plywood flooring with 4 flush anchers (2 front and 2 rear). I plan to haul 2 atv's...so...

This will be my first enclosed trailer...and I want to protect the floor as best as possible.

Thanks!
biz

Update:
Ok...the 6x16 v-nose trailer came in...and got the call. Was totally excited...and went to pick it up. GREAT looking trailer! On the 10 mile drive home...it towed like a dream. Smooth...and didn't know the 2500lbs was back there.

3 days later...my 2 NEW atv's are ready for picking them up. I hitch the trailer and off I go. Lower the ramp...and drive in the first machine. I'm thinking...dang...this is tight in here. Drive in the next machine...and now I realize...Ohhh...dang! Did I buy an enclosed trailer that is big enough??? Yes...they fit...but more like OJ's gloves!

My 2 machines are the 2011 Sportsman Touring models. They are 90in long...so I figured that a 16ft trailer was good for 15ft of machines. But I totally...and I mean totally under estimated the size of the machines.

Figured I'd call the trailer sales owner...and ask if he would be willing to do a trade-in on my trailer for a NEW replacement trailer that is more like 7x20. Told me straight out...NO. I was / am shocked! It's not like I wanted full price...but I figured a 10 - 20 % off...would be fair. Nope...nothing...zero!

So...in so many words...I am totally F*****************ed!!! YES...a $4200 screw-up!!!

Any words of wisdom is truly appreciated!

biz

Old 03-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 6x16 enclosed trailer

Hey-

Was reading your posts on your trailer that you just bought...6x16 enclosed v-nose.

Wondering if you're so unhappy with it that you're looking to sell it???

Send me an email if so...i'm looking for that size...but looking for some more specifics on the one you have.

Thanks-

Old 03-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mcblaze
Hey-

Was reading your posts on your trailer that you just bought...6x16 enclosed v-nose.

Wondering if you're so unhappy with it that you're looking to sell it???

Send me an email if so...i'm looking for that size...but looking for some more specifics on the one you have.

Thanks-

YES...I was looking to sell it...and actually did. Here is the selling thread I started...

http://forums.atvconnection.com/clas...-v-nose-2.html

Thanks for your interest...and Good Luck finding what you are after.

biz

Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I spent the $ for an alluminum extrusion type floor product in my enclosed trailer. Hate it. Won't rot, but makes a whale of a lot of noise and you cannot clean it. The only thing I can use is a power sprayer to clean it. I use a non slip deck paint on my open trailer. I can spray it clean as well, but I have to re-paint it every couple of years. I hate replacing decks.