Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Enclosed Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet looking truck!! Wish my wife was as understanding!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider
Sweet looking truck!! Wish my wife was as understanding!!!

My wife bought it for me, she felt bad for me because ive been driving beaters the last 3 years.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Mine is actually my second Dodge. My wife took me looking and let me get the 1500 with a Hemi when I was laid up after blowing my knee loading a dirt bike into a pickup. (Ranger). I could not bend my leg enough to get into my Ranger to go to physical therapy, so a new truck was her answer to having to take me back and forth. I loved the truck, but found it seriously inadequate when I bought my enclosed trailer and tried to pull it. I bought the Cummins and have never looked back. For teh record, I have a 7x22 ft V-nose with extra height. That thing catches a lot of air. Almost 11 ft tall. I prefer the 7 ft becasue I can see around it in my mirrors, although I am giving serious thought to something wider. I do believe that I will get a bigger open trailer next time though. Probably a 20 ft car hauler. Ease of use, and the ability to kill two birds with one stone. I haul a lot of cars for my son's shop, and it will come in handy. Part of me wants a 8.5x224 but that is a lot of trailer to pull through the bushes.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Range Rover

Draggin' Butt,

I hear ya man but i wanted to switch to enclosed and got those combination chocks with a strap that levers over the tire - GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD OR ROLLED TOILET PAPER!!! Now, i can have the free garage that comes with an enclosed trailer and strapping the machines in takes literally a minute or five. Once adjusted they hold very well. On my Grizzly 700 we just use one on the rear wheel and use the interior fender as a chock. Because it's easy to get to I use a strap between two tie down points at the front. With the others - we just use two of these chock/strap/lever gizmos and the machines stay put. Yes we screwed them tot he floor securely and yes they stay there allt he time and yes that is a minor inconvenience when the trailer is used for other stuff but the convenience is more than worth it. NO, I do NOT own stock int he company that makes them but at my age I am valuing convenience more and more!

Old 09-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Range Rover

Here's a unique solution so that you can have your cake & eat it too.... you can have both an open & enclosed trailer because this enclosure is removeable;

snocaps

Old 09-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer

i use a haulmark race trailer

Old 11-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Range Rover

Have went to an enclosed trailer no more fighting the weather and
worrying about some one bothering it!Got a 6x12 with the v nose
unload the atv instant camper,microwave,small reefer,lights shes
ready to go!

Attached Thumbnails Enclosed Trailer-front-view-new-trailer.jpg  
Old 11-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by coyote170
Have went to an enclosed trailer no more fighting the weather and
worrying about some one bothering it!Got a 6x12 with the v nose
unload the atv instant camper,microwave,small reefer,lights shes
ready to go!
got pics of the inside? i did all that to mine also built bunks also..just like to see how others did theres.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Range Rover
Default Inside pictures

Not finished yet but its a start!

Attached Thumbnails Enclosed Trailer-new-trailer-folddown-bed.jpg   Enclosed Trailer-new-trailer-inside.jpg   Enclosed Trailer-new-trailer-shelves.jpg  
Old 12-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just finished painting mine (6X12). Planning on hauling my bikes down to Florida this Saturday for a couple weeks.

Attached Thumbnails Enclosed Trailer-picture-020.jpg   Enclosed Trailer-picture-021.jpg   Enclosed Trailer-picture-014.jpg  

Quick Reply: Enclosed Trailer