Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Cost of atv trailer? MI

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost of atv trailer? MI

I have been looking for a atv trailer in the southeast mi area for a month and cant find one at a decent price. maybe I am to cheap? I am looking for a 3 atv trailer about 80 inches wide for atv's. The cheapest I found was 2500 for a triton (nice trailer) and $4000 for a www.alumaklm.com 12 ft atv trailer. It needs to hold 3 full size atvs. Are these prices about right? I got my 2 atv trailer for only $700 5 years ago.

Old 09-26-2005, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

I am starting out on a much smaller scale and in fact may be buying a smaller trailer for $75 from me and $75 from my buddy (from his Uncle)....it is big enough for ONE full size utility and then one in the truck. Kind of a pain for now but the money can't be beat.

I just ran up to Home Depot's parking lot just to look around at the trailers and they have a 6.5' wide X 10' long trailer that looks very nice and is about $1600. I really don't think that 3 full size ATV's would fit but 3 med-small one's or TWO full size one's should. I am NO trailer expert but the one you described is no wider but 2 feet longer and $900 more on the cheaper of the 2 you mentioned. I would run up to good ol Home Depot and take a look before I bought those....although I am sure they are nice. Also, the one I mentioned could hold 1700 lbs, which in my opinion would be plenty for 2 large utes (600-700 lbs each) or 3 small-med ones. I could see MAYBE paying $900 more for a phenominally built trailer and getting the extra 2 feet but I couldn't see the 4k unless you are getting into the fully enclosed ones.

just my 2 cents....

Old 09-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

I cant see 4k either unless its fully enclosed. Each atv is anywhere from 44 to 48 inches wides so putting three sideways you need at least 12 feet. 10 feet would hold three kids quads and thats it or twl full size. As far as weight goes a full size utility is around 800lbs full of fuel. Polaris weigh even more. I will check the Depot and see. Never seen any trailers at Depot here im Michigan.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

You bring up a good point about the extra weight of fuel but I was going off a 600lb quad like a KQ, Rincon, or Grizzley.....not an AC or a Polaris. Then you mix in the weight of 5 gallons, which can't be more than 25-30 lbs. I know it is close on that trailer I described because it is a total weight limit of 1700 lbs but too small for 3 FULL size atv's. It sounds like your measurements are good....my only reason for responding is because I will be finding myself in your same shoes here soon. Also, giving you my 2 cents on what a "regular" store had price wise. I'm sure that on a 12 ft trailer (2 feet longer than what I saw at HD) would also have a heavier weight limit and would be perfect.

Good luck with your searches though!

Old 09-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Range Rover

Have you looked at car trailers? I bought a 16' + 2' dove tail extra wide last year. I want to say it was $1450 or $1550, can not recall. Tandom, brake on one axle, clip on ramps that stow under the dove tail. I have had 3 on it plenty of times, end to end, no problem. Start loading them side ways and you can fit a couple more. I have done 3 + 2 55gal drums (empty) and some boards we took to a buddy's farm.

It is not the "best" trailer on the market by no means in that the look is not as polished as some of the $2000 + trailers out there. It is functional in that it is nice and heavy, solid, and flat out gets the job done. For the $$$ there was no way to beat it.

In my situation I also use it as it was origionally intended .... as a car trailer. It workes great when I do close car shows. (say 2 hour drive or so).

What ever you get may I suggest that you get stake pockets on down the side. They make great anchor points for tie downs.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

I cant fit a 16ft trailer in my garage and dont have room on my property for one. Im definetly going to check out the depot though and see what they have to offer.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Range Rover

I had a hard time swallowing the prices I saw on trailers at my local Depot and Lowes. Do you have a tractor supply around? Their web site is not the best way to look at their stock, a store visit would be the best way.

http://www.mytscstore.com

Old 09-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

tta583, Thanks for the info on the tractor supply. I checked the website and there prices are much better! I looked online and the the 6x12 wont fit 3 large quads but it is a nice trailer for the money. I wonder if my local one has more selection than whats on the web site?

Old 09-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Range Rover

I would run by the store. It may be just me but I seem to find more at the store than I can on the site. I have even looked on-line for things I have seen in the store and not had much luck. All of the TS I have been in have the trailers as well as cattle gates and other large items in an area in the parking lot. Ask to flip through their paper catalogue as well. When I was last trailer shopping the store I was at did not have everything in the cat on hand that day.

Good luck!!

Old 09-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought an Iron Eagle trailer. 6 1/2' x 14', single axle, for $1600. Really nice and fits two Outty Max's, Polaris 500 Scrambler and the kids little one. www.ironeagletrailers.net check them out, hell of a trailer and decent price.

Quick Reply: Cost of atv trailer? MI