Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

50cc atv rough running have my diangonsis now need yours

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50cc atv rough running have my diangonsis now need yours

Hi this is my first post in this forum and as of yesterday this is the first 4wheeler I have ever owned. I only payed 80$ for it so if it end up being a pos atleast i didnt screw myself to bad

I bought a 50cc 2-stroke Linhai(Model is Joker I Believe) atv.

I bought it from a guy who said hes owned it for 2 yrs and hasnt gotten it to run. After 5 mins of messing with it i noticed the petcock was in the off poistion so i turned it on and it fired up but would then die at idle.

So today I took apart the carb and cleaned it and adjusted the float in the tank and also adjusted idle.

Also it has a stupid oil resivoir tank where it will mix with the fuel itslef. Thought well this is a dumb design if it inst mixing properly the motor will seize so i cut the hose and plugged it and am running pre mix now. (30:1) hope that it the correct mixture doesnt have a maul or anything with it

So its running better now. Thats the background of what ive done to it and here are the remaining problems/symptoms::

1. it seems to bog out alot from no throttle to half throttle it runs great past half throttle power drop (alot) and it will bog out but will not die.
::update::
This problem seems to be intermittent last couple of cranks and runs i could hammer it to full throttle and it will do great (loads more power) and it will either die when it retuns to idle or all of a sudden lose power and die at idle. It is also extremely difficult to get it to crank after this.

2. I want to say that it seems like the choke is always on (electric choke) but i am not sure of this just seems like it to me.

So thats pretty much it sorry for the long post just wanted to put out as much info as i could to try not to cause any confusion

Also anyone know where i new body for these can be purchased?
Has some cracks was thinking about doing some fiberglass matting and redoing the body but may be cheaper to just buy one in the long run

Ty for reading and any post!!

Old 08-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

No feed back?

Old 08-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

wow wtf is the use of this website this place sucks