Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

how to replace honda rincon rear axle

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to replace honda rincon rear axle

hello, i need some help here, i have a 07 HONDA RINCON after driving and pulling up on our tralier the rear boots both busted, i am not sure how to tell if the axles are bad, I have started to pull things apart and I need to know how to pull the rear axle out, advise please.

thanks

Old 01-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i got the axle out after a hard tug, now the question is if the axle is not bad and the boots just tore how do i replace the upper boots? i have no clue how to get them apart to replace. trying to do this work my self since the honda shop charges SO MUCH

Old 01-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Try finding the website thecvman.com his name in Danny and he can sell you a boot, part or a complete axle. He also has instructions on how to replace the CV boots for both the inboard and the outboard side.

If I remember correctly if you remove the inner cv boot clamps (the one closest to the differential) and pull back onthe boot you will find a cir-clip. IF you remove it the CV joint pulls apart easily. This allows you to slide the inner cv boot off and replce it. If you have to replace the outter cv boot (the one next to the tire) you first remove the inner cv boot then remove the outter cv boot clamps and slide it off by pulling it towards the inner cv boot.

That I believe is it in a nutshell but sheck out his website to get more details. I think the last cv-boot kit I ordered from his was $35 +shipping. This is such an easy fix don't pay the dealer to do it. It is a good skill to know for maintaining your ATV. Your first one will take 1-2hrs but the last one I did on 30minutes. So depending on how and where you ride you could get more practice in the future.

SJ

Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your info. It really helped alot.