Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

lt80 ebay rebuilds

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt80 ebay rebuilds

Has anybody used the 45 dollar rebuild kits on ebay, comes with cylinder and everything, not looking to build a performance quad, just want it running again so my boy can ride it. Wondering if they work ?

Old 01-30-2014, 09:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I ordered one to look at. I got the better 54 dollar version...LOL
It's all there, looks the same as stock.
I think you should try one. For 50 bucks, even if it's junk it's not a big deal.
The pistons I buy (Stock Suzuki or Pro-X) are $50+.
As a motor builder I have to consider them much less in quality just cuz.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

The ports are not chamfored at all. This should be done before running.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Would this be a good kit to buy if you are planning on someone like LT80 to port your cylinder anyway?

Old 02-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

That's what I was wondering.
Here are the kits from China::
Suzuki Lt80 Cylinder-Suzuki Lt80 Cylinder Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.comMotorcycle Crank Mechanism

As far as modding, Real Suzuki cylinders can be had for not much (used). I just got a cyl and head for $35 on ebay.
I think I'll stick to the Suzuki cylinders. A $200-$400 port job on a cheapo cylinder somehow does not make sence to me.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Smile

sorry to just jump in I've only just registered to this page as I've just bought my 3 kids an lt80 2005 which I've just purchased a top end kit off ebay today here in the uk which consists of the barrel, piston, rings, pin, circlips, little end bearing, top end gasket kit, barrel/head studs and nuts basically the whole lot part from the head for £90 delivered the barrel is all i needed as i was fitting the fmf fatty and powercore 2 pipe which i also bought 3 days ago and when i was tightening the last nut on the flange/header i must of gone too much and cracked the bottom part of the flange off the barrel (ooops) I've been told by the company its an OEM barrel and they have had no issues ever before and sold thousands, the piston mind doesn't look the best but mine is perfect anyway, i went to try get it welded up today but was quoted £60 and no guarantee, the quad is stock and ill just be replacing the barrel over the weekend with the new fmf setup and some boyesen reed petals i also bought i have a new #90 main at the ready as I've read a lot they are best to be run with this especially when not stock, am i right and any advice on fitting fmf properly and advice on the jetting etc when pipe and reeds are in thanks a lot in advance, love this forum so many people with great knowledge for me to learn from, p.s if i have the barrel fitted before anyone else replies ill let you know how i get on with it and how it performs

Old 03-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

Those cheapo kits are not Suzuki cylinders (barrel).
I bought a one of those kits to compare. The ports are not chamfered. non, 0, nada.
Suzuki cylinders are heavily chamfered. IMO, obviously not a Suzuki.
I'd say that they are lying. Sold "thousands" LOL. Does that even sound possible?
90 main jet: I don't know, should work fine. Keep an eye on the spark plug color.

"the barrel is all i needed" ...are you saying that you just stuck the new cylinder right on and used your old piston?

Old 03-20-2014, 03:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LT80
Those cheapo kits are not Suzuki cylinders (barrel).
I bought a one of those kits to compare. The ports are not chamfered. non, 0, nada.
Suzuki cylinders are heavily chamfered. IMO, obviously not a Suzuki.
I'd say that they are lying. Sold "thousands" LOL. Does that even sound possible?
90 main jet: I don't know, should work fine. Keep an eye on the spark plug color.

"the barrel is all i needed" ...are you saying that you just stuck the new cylinder right on and used your old piston?
thanks for the reply LT80 sorry for making it sound like I'm stupid sounded to me like a cheapo when suzuki quoted me £216 for a new cylinder just didn't have the funds at time of purchase (today) I've not fitted yet as delivery will hopefully be tomorrow morning, I've still got the original suzuki piston and rings attached to the quad but am undecided what to do i know its good practice to change the lot while its off but I'm not sure as the piston is as new, gutted really as the whole engine is just that i must of over tightened the nut and snapped a piece of the barrel off where it connects to the pipe, would you say a local engineer company could chamfer the ports for me for good measure before i fit (they have done before on a modded lt50 i built my son) also if that was done and a new piston etc with the pipe,reeds and got it tuned in correctly and using good quality oil with use from my kids it would do the job as well as a genuine cylinder. can i ask why you have to go down on the jetting when adding pipe reeds etc, even seen people do it on a stock motor is it coz suzuki send them out a little rich from factory and theres no adjustment screw on outside of carb like other 2 strokers. thanks again for advice mate

Old 03-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

You should use all the new stuff.
You or your friend can chamfer the ports. it only takes a file. It's not a big deal to do but it is a important aspect. Hate to snag a ring.
For a stock application, I think the china cylinder will work fine.
Altho thousands have been sold, it seems I/others are just hearing about them.
No results have been posted.
Jets: yes, very rich from the factory.
I'd leave the stock jets in to start.

You wouldn't happen to be the Sherrif of Nottingham would you???? One of the merry men??? Don't tell me you're Robin Hood...j/k

Old 03-20-2014, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

thankyou much appreciated will do exactly that when it comes to be sure, I'm assuming it will be stock bore (51mm is it?) do you know the torque i should be using on the 2 fixing nuts for fitting the fmf fatty pipe looked a bit weird to me because the stock pipe sits almost flush with the copper gasket squashed in between, the fmf came it has a ring pre fabricated to the header which is a tad larger than the gasket which then makes it spaced a little comparing to the stock i first thought fmf had pre-fabd their own type gasket to the header on the pipe but obv not god knows what it is, and what would you recommend for the break in procedure when it all done, and would it be ok to break in with the fmf and boyesen reeds fitted with stock 92.5 jet? sheriff of nottingham lol, are you from the usa? i was under the impression that a lot of users on here are, turns out usa have a big market for these especially tuning/parts, i struggle with tuning parts for most of my toys in the past as import taxes to uk can be high on certain items and this is the 1st time I've ever joined a forum as i THOUGHT i knew it all (2strokes) obv a lot of great info on here things i didn't know so i look forward to learning and building what i love most, LT80 was meant for the kids lol

Quick Reply: lt80 ebay rebuilds