Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Lt 160

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt 160

I'm new to the board and love reading all the awesome posts all over the board. I have learnt a lot. Actually just started working on small atvs. Just finished my second Chinese 50cc for my kids. Going to look at an lt160 tomorrow. Will be the next step in working up in size. Of course the battery has to be dead and it does not have a recoil start. What years did not have the recoil start, as the guy I'm paying 150 bucks for it has no idea ? Also he said it will start with a jumper pack but cannot stay on for more than a few seconds as from what I can deduce over the phone, has a broken plunger from choke into carb. Is there another way to keep it running for long enough to hear it idol ? Plastics are also in rough shape but I will check bushings, tires. Maybe there's a way to still just try and flip gears in tranny ? Hope this will be worth even the 150. Any advice on any of these questions or other things to check would be great. Thanks. If you would like to see pics pm me your cell phone and ill send the couple I have for your opinions.