Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT80 Running Great, then Suddenly Dies, and No Spark

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT80 Running Great, then Suddenly Dies, and No Spark

Hey guys - finally got the kids LT80 running really good, and today he was zooming around the land, when suddenly it just shut off - died on the spot. No sputtering, no misfires, just shut off.

I checked the petcock and I am getting fuel through to the carb. I checked the circuit breaker in back, and it is working fine.

It cranks, and spins like a top, but will not fire, so I pulled the spark plug boot off, and NO SPARK!? Is there some type of bump or jolt activated ignition kill or cut off switch on these?

I know now that I probably need to tear into the ignition, but in my experience with cars, usually it gives some warning before just dying completely...

I did check for loose wires and such, and found none. The only thing I noticed was the wires to the ignition box seem pretty rough and worn...no exposed wires, just look like they have gotten hot or rubbed on something at some point. I may look for a new ignition wiring harness just to replace that.

Let me know what you think would be the problem if one minute it was running great, then shuts off completely with no spark.

Thanks!!