Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Is my '87 LT 230 E Different?

Old 06-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my '87 LT 230 E Different?

Ok guys,
Here's my question. I picked up a 1987 Suzuki LT230 E for $400. Now what has me confused is that the S models have kick starts and hand clutches whereas mine has neither. It's not shaft driven it is chain driven and has a swingarm. SO my dilemma comes in when it comes to parts because it is set up like the S models. I have all the original paperwork for it so I know things haven't changed over the years and I'm the 3rd owner of this old girl. I am needing to replace some long neglected parts but need to make sure everything is essentially the same. From everything I have seen and read mine sounds just like a S model but with the convenience of electric start and semi automatic shifting. That's all for now and thanks in advance.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, you have the "E" model which is essentially an "S" but with e start and auto clutch. Frame, suspension, bodywork, and most motor parts are shared across both machines.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up for me Scooter.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem. I just noticed you are in Rome. Small world, I live in Greece(NY) lol. Those are good little quads. Not powerhouses, but torquey enough to conquer just about anything. Light and nimble too. one of my faves.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, you have a quad runner instead of a quadsport. Very similar, but be careful because not all of the parts are interchangeable with the quadsport.