Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2002 suzuki Eiger 400 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 suzuki Eiger 400 4x4

Well trying to finish up the project here and ran into a last few minute problems. This is a ltf 400 manual 400 4x4. Bought this for a project 4-wheeler and man has it turned out to be a project. So i'm down to a few last problems. One is my gas will dump into the carb if i set it on full. So i just leave it on res now. Here is the list of things i have done so far to the 4-wheeler.

1) Rebuilt the carb with a moose kit
2) All new front and back bearing and seals
3) All new brakes front and back
4) New 4 wheel drive cable
5) New mph cable
6) New front left cv-axle
7) New oil and oil filter
8) New rear drive shaft seal
9) New front and rear axle fluid
10) New rear brake drum seal {yes the $80 dollar one.}
Other odd & end stuff done to it.

I know that probably doesn't sound like a lot of stuff but the price adds up pretty quickly on that stuff. The only few issue i have left is the rear brakes. As they will not grab for nothing. Either i need to mic the brake drum housing or the brake cam maybe. And the carb still misses or what i would call backfiring back into the carb at low speeds. Like a hollow back-fire through the carb. As the petcock i'm not sure if i buy a new one will that even solve the issue of the gas that keeps flowing when it this on full. I've seen a lot of forums saying they had the same issue also.

And i don't want to try and sell it like it is. I wouldn't feel right about. I mean i would tell them the problems if someone just wanted it but i rather fix it myself before i tried to sale the 4-wheeler. I want to get some money to put towards a street bike. And i don't really ride the 4-wheeler much. Because it seems like every time i go and ride it breaks down or something.
Also any idea what the 4-wheeler might be worth as i like to do a fair price on it. I know i won' get all my money i put into it back out of it. But long as someone gets it and can enjoy it i am fine with that. Thanks

Old 01-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

On the carb, did you clean/replace the fuel needle, inspect/replace the float, and check/adjust the float level? A stuck float needle will flow fuel continuously into the carb bowl, assuming the fuel petcock is operating correctly (only open when the engine is running).
Check the petcock for vacuum and seal leaks, and the vacuum line from the carb to the petcock.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

Yes did all that. And i use a hose to test my float for cut off. Done taken the pet-**** off cleaned the tank, pet-**** and replaced all the lines with new ones. The carb is super clean and everything is in working order.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer

Check the petcock, mine was leaking at idle making it run too rich. A little bladder inside had gone bad allowing fuel to just run into the carb instead of using vacuum to pull it in.